2nd Division I-League 2014

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Contact AIFF and ask for a document regarding 2nd Division rules and regulations for 2014

Either way you will never get the right answer...

If Kalighat or Bhowanipore qualify the AIFF will try to find errors in their application and deny them on AFC criteria.
    AIFF would rather have Chennai team, Delhi-NCR team and Mumbai Super team.

Given how the qualifying was set up, everything was geared towards helping Aizawl FC qualify, but the clubs stone age administration fucked things up with their recruitment & strategy.

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So, who do the AIFF want promoted now?
    So, who do the AIFF want promoted now?
    thats a great question...
    1. If RUFC get relegated then they wouldn't mind Royal Wahingdoh
    2. If United Sports Club are disbanded due to AFC criteria / being broke... then they ( the Bong lobby in AIFF led by Subrata Dutta) would prefer Kalighat . Everyone knows having Mohun Bagan B team ( Bhowanipore) would cause issues...
    3. The Technical committee would love to have Sikkim United back....
    4. Nobody would want to see Hindustan, as they would be a return to having a crap team in I-League that would be the whipping boys, also its hampers the direct entry spot for HERO group in Gurgoan 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Is there a possibility that if United SC is disbanded for being broke, there will be no relegation?
    HERO Group is interested in Football too!!!!! I hope they chose Delhi and not Gurgaon for their club.
    So... if the AIFF only wanted to have Aizawl in the league... then why the hell even have a 2nd Division?!
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Thats why they do not have any fixed manual of Rules & Regulations for 2nd division.
    Thats why they do not have any fixed manual of Rules & Regulations for 2nd division.
    Hmmmmm... so messed up.
    I league manual for 2nd Division is just a copy paste job each year...all they do is change the dates.
    So the typos and spelling errors from 2010 are still there
  • I league manual for 2nd Division is just a copy paste job each year...all they do is change the dates. So the typos and spelling errors from 2010 are still there
    Gaffer - Do you think three teams from Shillong is a good idea or sustainable if Royals qualify and RUFC manage to stay in the I-League ?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    edited February 2014
    Contact AIFF and ask for a document regarding 2nd Division rules and regulations for 2014

Either way you will never get the right answer...

If Kalighat or Bhowanipore qualify the AIFF will try to find errors in their application and deny them on AFC criteria.
    AIFF would rather have Chennai team, Delhi-NCR team and Mumbai Super team.

Given how the qualifying was set up, everything was geared towards helping Aizawl FC qualify, but the clubs stone age administration fucked things up with their recruitment & strategy.

@gaffertape, I do not understand one thing: if AIFF wants to
    have franchisee teams in the league, why are not they spelling it out, instead
    of secretly hoping for it? Franchisees are not bad for the health of the
    league, after all.

This can be done in parallel with the pro-rel system this
    year. You relegate one team and promote one team (to justify the existence of
    the 2nd div and the hope to ‘expand’ the league). That it does not
    actually expand the league -- it only fills the league with more Kolkata and
    Goan clubs-- is a separate issue. That keeps the total number of clubs at Div I
    at 13, and get three franchisee clubs to have a 16 team league. Only thing,
    instead of taking whoever interested onboard like last year (they were aiming
    for second teams from Mumbai and Pune because businessmen from those cities
    only were interested), AIFF should pre-fix the cities and invite bids.

I would prefer to have a cap on the max number of teams from
    a city (say 2) and a state (say 3) and vacate spaces to be filled by franchisee
    teams.

This has a down side of course: if you do not have a good
    telecasting contract and a good title sponsor to the , you will not attract sound
    bidders, and get teams like Kalighat MS, MP United or Aizawl FC in the process.