Karnataka - BDFA Football leagues - All divisons

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    10men BFC beat MEG 2-1 , goals from Karan Sawhney. .thats 3 goals in 3 games for the former TFA & Salgaocar youngster.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Hope he gets more playing time next season in I-League
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    how do you think will he get playing time next season ahead of sunil, sean rooney,robin??if he makes it to bench before udanta for few games then it would be lucky
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Vinoth Kumar, who played for HAL, played regularly in the I-League and barely did much and yet in the Bangalore Super Division he was top scorer (or one of the top scorers, not 100% sure but he scored more than 10 goals). Yes, he was 17 and 18 respectivly in those seasons but that should tell you a lot about the level of football in the BSD compared to the I-League.

Karan has a long way to go before convincing people, esspecially the Bengaluru FC staff, that he is ready to be used in the I-League. He only had a couple of appearences last season and none with Salgaocar. I have no doubt he is a good potential talent as that is what I have read but he has yet to unleash it yet.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    go to smaller clubs get chance to play in i-league
    Clubs like Rangdajied United, Royal Wahingdoh, Mumbai FC, and United will be looking for players on the cheap as the IMG-Reliance players won't be available again to them, or at least that is what we are told for now.

Sending Karan on loan to a club like Mumbai or Royal Wahingdoh would be nice.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    But in I-League Vinoth Kumar didn't play as striker. He prefers playing as striker. Probably in local leagues he is playing as striker. good player but don't expect much in ileague standards
    Hm, did not know that. Thanks. But still, I am still sure that the level of difference between playing the the BSD and playing in the I-League with the champions must be different, esspecially when Karan could barely even see the bench. A loan, if possible, would be very helpful to him.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I-league doesn't work that way..most clubs play crap Nigerian or some foreigner at number 9 , if young Indian striker's are loaned..they would get minimal game time or as @Rudra pointed out..they would be played out of position., normally on the wings .
    No club in their right mind would send a player to Mumbai FC if they wanted him to develop !

Vinoth Kumar had some genuine pace, but no touch or technique. Went in trial to a couple of Goan clubs but eventually had to settle for a Govt job in B'lore
    Oh come on, we have actually seen a few loans over the past couple seasons. Maybe they were shitty ones like the ones between United Sikkim and East Bengal or Pune/East Bengal with Pailan Arrows but it does happen somewhat.

Also, I would like to believe that Bengaluru FC could be the starter of something new. We have to start one day and so far Bengaluru FC have performed beyond the usual in Indian football.