Is Indian football really developing?

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    We all know this; and this is the time in every four year for this type of article, true. But I couldn't resist myself to paste the link here, as it is from the mainstream media. 
    good read to know when and how we lost the plot.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    @Deb_Ban It reminds me the infamous Sudeep Chatterjee incident happened in Bochum match. He was the strongest Indian that time and it proved how weak we were (rather are) to Germans (International standards). However I still believe it was the 70's when we actually lost the plot, played 70 mins duration domestic league (CFL), did't take part in WC qualifiers, got ups, age frauds ... list will be endless. 
    Deb_Bansouravindiarudra
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    The list of age fraud contains big.big names these under 19 are nt fo blame
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    And from the reasons I keep hearing they have sorta good reasons to do so. They need to make money and sometimes this is the only way to do it and it is not there fault that the training in these parts is not developed enough to make these players as good as they are at a younger age.

The problem is deeper than the ones who are guilty of age fraud. As for the Africans... well... lets just say I was sent a link for wiki a month ago which contained a screenshot from an old website from when Edeh Chidi was at JCT and it said he was born in 1978... making him 36... not 26 like the current sources say.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    is the Glacier moving?....similar Question to"  Is indian football really Developing?"
    Deb_Banpreetam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It is really unknown now with the recent developments. The optimist will hope that somehow we can come out of this with growth while the pessimist will say we are about to die.
    Deb_Ban
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I was reading a book on small football teams of the world whose world cup  hope ends with 2 games or so, two years before the finals. Teams like Belize, Montserrat and then closer home, Palestine, Nepal, etc make the list and the stories were about countries with difficulties like palestine and afghanistan and then mentioned in 1 line that the so called 'sleeping giants of asia' India also  were out after losing to UAE. It was embarrassing really.
    People are taking about we making it to 2022 WC, screw that. I would be happy if we regularly start playing in the league stages and maybe in asian cup rather than going out in play offs and afc challenge cup qualifiers.
    AshleshgoalkeeparDeb_Banarchakdhritiman7munna219777mohammed_87hassanashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    @ashlesh y only 3 matches? we will play all 7 matches and win the world cup on first go :)
    preetam
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    @Rudra which book is this that you read?..