Bengaluru FC: Season 2 (2014-15)

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    BFC is the Champion of India. No one can take that right from them. ISL is tournament. 
    munna219777goalkeeparbida 25
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29706 Points
    we should revive the super cup with new format I-league champion vs ISL champion only 4 foreigners allowed on field.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    edited December 2014
    Kanteerava Stadium with Floodlights and the Yellow Strip is west block A

jithuvDeb_Banashindiamunna219777debarghya89archak
    Puttiah Memorial Trophy 2014 - Bengaluru FC

gaffertapemunna219777
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    So two trophy within a year...hmm...keep going BFC..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just had a look at the Bengaluru FC squad and actually, what have they done to improve? With the AFC Champions League and AFC Cup coming up, with Federation Cup and I-League crammed in their, I would have thought that Bengaluru FC would have at least improved the team.

To summarize the changes, here they are:

In: Josh Walker, Eugeneson Lyngdoh, Lalchhuan Mawia, Udanta Singh, Lalthuammawia Ralte, Shilton D'Silva

Out: Johnny Menyongar, Bruno Colaco, Lalrozama Fanai, Thomas Lalengkima, Amoes, Niroshan Mani, Sampath Kuttimani, Don Bosco Andrew, Randhan Meitei

Now, some of these I can understand, like locals Amoes, Mani, and Kuttimani. None of the three would contribute to Bengaluru FC at the senior level and at their ages will never do so. Youngsters like Andrew, Lalengkima, and Meitei as well were never going to contribute... better to let them go. Fanai barely played last season and Colaco probably was never going to be #1 there. Menyongar meanwhile was to old and finished and with 4 spots you need to be careful.

So the out signings make sense but in signings don't. Lyngdoh and Mawia are just average players from pretty crappy NorthEast teams. Ralte was pretty much crap with Lajong whenever he played. Singh is one for the future but not now, and D'Silva may or may not improve. And Walker? That has yet to be decided.

What I am really worried about here is the lack of proper Indian signings. The main team is pretty much the same as last season and that was not exactly the most convincing squad. Also the team seems to be relying a little to much on Reddy's connections in the NorthEast.

Who knows what will happen this season but the squad changes are pretty meh so far.
    Deb_Banreddevil87
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Josh Walker is probably the worst marquee signing of the League. Just plays infront of the back 2 and many times ends up behind them. Forward passing is an absolute minimum. We have better defensive mid in India hhan Josh.
    bida 25
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    BFC had banked on Gurpreet Singh joining them. ..and lost out having put all eggs into one basket. ..
    Lalthuammawia fits the bill as most Indian GKs are crap with their feet...and BFC want guys like Pawan Kumar...ie good with feet and hope that Johnson and co keep the shots out.

Lets be honest Subrata, Subhashish are all shit....no such thing as a good Indian GK
This discussion has been closed.