Bengaluru FC: Season 2 (2014-15)

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    BFC were not meant to win in 1st season they did.
    They had not budgetted to win in 1st season...nor had they budgetted to be in AFC until year 3
    they have not got giddy after 1st year success...
    have a similar transfer policy and budget like Arsenal .....
    Bit like the snail and the tortoise. ...better to be this way...rather than a Shillong Lajong or Churchill Bros
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Had a first look at Joshua last day. He played good. So I'm ok with Josh for I league.
    People who were complaining about he sits next to defenders and all. Please watch yesterday match.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Agreed. He was better yesterday. But not good. For a team playing AFC, you know, the marquee should have been something special. A game changer kind off. Probably that is why many are not happy wid him although he may be ok for I league.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29706 Points
    marquee should be like elano or santos
    gaffertapemunna219777
    As already explained by @gaffertape... Quality comes with price. Slow and steady approach still 2 year into existence. Then on better players will be available. Hope ISL can have same standard for long-term and long season like regular season.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Also @gaffertape said that JSW Group only budgeted for to a certain extent. JSW Group are not stupid like other I-League clubs, the properly set a budget that they know can spend and maximize the talent they can sign. They just did not expect to be this far by now, they thought they would be in the AFC Cup in 3 years, not 1.
    munna219777Deb_Banreddevil87
    Is JSW run by a robot. After all, the people running the show have a brain to think. If you achieved your goal in 1 year. Then aim for higher. Its not some set program, that will make changes only after 3 years.

BTW, slow and steady approach may not be needed. As per Baba dempo, I league will be shut in 2 years time. So buck up, and get into ISL before u miss the train.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @Dominic
    whatever Baba Dempo says isn't gospel...

This is the same guy who swept the Armando / Ricketts saga under the carpet..... had a similar Arthur Papas issue...
    FC Goa may have had wonderful fan support , but isn't making a single penny.

Dattaraj can afford to throw away a few crores each year...as can Srini Dempo....but speak to them , and they know that ISL isn't sustainable.

Dempo still have no training ground and are using SESA's for practice , all the way in Sirsaim....the recovery sessions are at the pools of the staff !!
    Zico lambasted them for lack of a club house, training centre....

A lot of you are caught up in the hype...

Look at proper clubs in Asia ( forget Europe for now )...like Buriram , Johor Darul , Guangzhou Evergrande etc....look at their investment in facilities & the club structure...

Whatever your ISL owners are smoking... Indian football will be miles behind Thailand, Malaysia & China ( hardly super powers of Asia / World) in 5 to 10 years time...

And all you will have is selfies with retired stars & some one time Bollywood dicks
    MaddiearchakDeb_Bangopiajeeshmunna219777reddevil87shankarteji
    edited January 2015
    I would prefer Bollywood chicks rather than dicks. :P . And you cannot use the term "All of you". Agree wid you on other points. But there are people here itself who feel ISL is the way fwd and other leagues/cup should be stopped.

However much u say and we may be against it. Img Rel is gonna bulldoze their way through. Look at the way they promoting the fed cup. Ain't they incharge of promotion. So these clubs better go with the flow IMO.
    archak
This discussion has been closed.