Bengaluru FC: Season 2 (2014-15)

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    FC Goa did not make a single penny? Oh no!!! Those poor owners! It is so cruel that they did not gain a penny after season one... said no one ever.

I will just use the old adage of give it time.

As for @Dominic. I do not believe it is that simple. JSW Group operate many different things, the football club being one of them. Since the beginning of 2014 they have started to invest more into football other than the football team itself. This stuff ranges from youth development to the stadium which I am sure some money is being set aside for till clearance is given. They can not just increase the football budget like that, they can only do so bit by bit which is what they have done as evidenced from Westwood getting a better deal for winning the league for example. 

You can't expect them to spend money just because of the AFC Champions League and honestly why do that? Even with a marquee foreign or top Indians they would not make it to the group stage and the Champions League is not lucrative enough to make the risk.

As for the Indian Super League... there is a massive difference in the budget JSW Group would need for the ISL compared for I-League. I would rather JSW Group and Bengaluru FC develop themselves slowly from the first-team to youth development before joining the ISL. Join the league in 2017.
    Ashleshgopiajeeshbida 25 archakcoolgaganreddevil87
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    There was a lot of hype about the NFL when it began but we can see how it panned out. Lets hope its not a repeat of that.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29706 Points
    I think we will need new league every 3 years.
    Deb_Banarchakmunna219777
    @archak I don't think the hype will die out this time. Football is a lot more popular overall in India than it was back in the 90s and the wanting for a good India by people like at FIFA is higher than before.
    Can't say about other states but the ISL being the centre of discussion had lasted in Kolkata for a week or so. The crowd in metro rail, buses or auto were discussing about it quite excitedly but I hard noticed such enthusiasm during the second leg. Even the coverage in the Kolkata edition newspaper went down quite considerably. Initially a full page was dedicated to isl plus additional reports but by the 2nd leg it had reduced to half a page.
    I too hope that isl doesn't face a similar situation as ileague 10 years down the line.
    The Indian Super League and the teams still need to create a connection with their respective cities. The initial hype rallied everyone up, now IMG-Reliance and co. need to work to maintain it. It won't happen over night, it will take a couple years.
    Pondicherry
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    kolkata in particular is the city of eb and mb. it's very hard to create a separate fan base for a 3rd club.
    Deb_Ban
    Agree with that but there is still a considerable amount of population that can be targeted.
    bida 25
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Modi Government is bringing change in CSR tax rebate rules. It will bring some changes in corporate interest in sports franchise. It may impact IPL, ISL in near future.
    Earlier, corporates like DLF sponsored IPL and took that money as tax rebate for Corporate Social responsibility. Clubs like Dempo SC run on CSR basis only.
    Now new government push is more towards yoga, clean ganga, swachh bharat for CSR.
    it remains to be seen that will these new measures dip the corporate interest in ISL?
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Given the stadium capacity is 18k . BFC didnt stick to old price instead they hiked the famous block double for 400 from 200. Should stick to the same amount because now new stadium has atleast 6 time bigger than last west block age. I guess BFC magament missed the trick. Hope i will be proven wrong.
This discussion has been closed.