New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    @gaffertape any specific reason why they arent looking of indian coaches for the job?? because i liked our teams performance during Armando's short tenure... though he had his choice of players... which is going to be there for all coaches
    Deb_Banashindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Praful Patel insists have to be foreign..

"How can we have a Indian senior team coach when U17 coach is foreign !? "

His words
    ..not mine
    munna219777ashindiaarchakkuldeep007
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    ... because the U17 team kinda has a bit more importance at the moment than the senior team. Does not matter whether it is an Indian or not, you got to look at priorities and circumstances. The India U17 side will be expected to at least not humiliate themselves in 2017 and show that they can play competent football... can an Indian make sure of that? No. So you get a foreigner.

The senior team meanwhile is not really being expected to do anything. The goals of the national team should just be about stability, a slow rise back to being the top dog in South Asia, and not shit the bed again... that is really it. An Indian can do the job easy.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Also, looks like recent Liga MX winner Antonio Mohamed is in need of a new job... maybe more of an ISL candidate than an India NT one.
    kuldeep007
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited December 2014
    Interesting guy. He has never been a coach of non-Spanish speaking side. Always in Mexico and Argentina.
    we need somebody with a bit of experience/understanding in Indian/asian conditions.
    i have a feeling that this post is going to be taken by some British guy again. Constantine, Ashley westwood, Trevor Morgan, Peter Reid ????

How about Graham Roberts???
    :P
    kuldeep007
  • May the goans like or dislike I prefer Arthur papas as national coach .Under him India performed well in U-23.And in ISL his players is the better indian players. May Goans say it is because of Zico. But all that players
    grew under him.And note that Hollicharan and Alwyn are not that bad.Goans hate them because they get chance ahead of goan players .Performance vise last Ileague Dempo performed very well better than anyone
    Domnicgoalkeepar
  • We need zico...only zico can take india to next level
    Domnicfootydipkuldeep007
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    india performed well due to overaged players. not due to papas. papas is a utter shit.
    gaffertapegoalkeeparDomnickuldeep007
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    If Zico becomes the coach, can we improve?? I mean we certainly lack that particular skill set. But ,is it possible. Will he be able to make us play the type of football that suits us. Which does not put restrain on our skill sets and helps us develop accordingly.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    if zico becomes coach of Indian. then India will not improve. but if we replace the entire coaching staff with zicos man from Brazil then I guaranty u a change (thus has been seen in FC goa when Australian crap was replaced by brazilin samba ) but this will never happen as our aiff are baggers.
    bida 25 footydipDomnicashindiakuldeep007