New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    It is like disrupting Bengaluru FC he should have been left to prosper indian football through the club. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9384 Points
    Appointed in June WTF are we going to do till then ?? Is thsi report true or is AIFF so really shit.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    he is great lad, very humble person to speak with. Do AIFF provide facilities or power like JSW. I dont think so ... 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Bengaluru FC would get a better replacement I am sure, as long as there is will to succeed and money to spend, they shouldn't be dependent on a person to take them forward. Ashley is not God, BFC actually has got a crap squad this year specially knowing that they are gonna play in Asia. I hope his knowledge of Indian players through his I-League experience helps the national team in regaining the top slot in South Asia, thats all is required currently.
    Deb_Bansudheermylankal
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Totally agree with @EastBengalPride. Plus, his appointment is from June'15, as per TOI. So he gets to complete two years at a place, which is not bad. After that one should move on.

But this also means no friendlies till June!
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What? Arn't we all forgetting how much we were saying that Bengaluru FC would not do well last season? And look at where they finished! Also, if he does not do good, does that really mean he should be national team coach? No, it means he was a one-year wonder and we just handed the reigns of coach to a man who is probably not the right man for the job.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    again coming back to my original point. Aiff could have handed over to herbert instead of ashley so that ashley could prove he isnt a one season wonder.

not that his coaching career was decent before he joined BFC.

whats wrong with giving a 1 year contract with additional year extn for herbert while allowing ashley to come up the curve for a second year running including exp in AFC cup?

whole behaviour shown by AIFF seems similar to a country like east timor not a country which is aiming to be in the top 10 in asia
    bida 25
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Constantine: 'Indian players are for sure not 171 in the world'

The former Indian national team coach has enjoyed unprecedented success with the Rwandan national team and believes it's all down to hard work and experience...

Stephen Constantine’s intricate association with the Indian subcontinent is no secret. Having assumed the coaching position of the Indian national team in 2002, the English-Cypriot coach was instrumental in ensuring the progress of the Blue Tigers, through all age groups. It was under his tutelage that India’s fledglings won the Ian Rush trophy besides helping the senior team win the LG Cup in Vietnam.

Constantine now the Rwanda national team’s coach has achieved history once again when he guided the little African nation to their highest ever FIFA ranking position, nestling in at 68 in the latest released data. In fact, they are the biggest movers in the rankings ladder in the latest edition of the rankings released by FIFA earlier this week.

In an exclusive interview with Goal, he has opined that Indian players are more than capable of turning their misfortune at being ranked 171st in the world around provided the right coaching.

Questioned on what his opinion was to improve the ranking of the Indian national team, currently placed 171st in the World, Constantine was expansive in his answer.

“Well first and foremost we need to restore the confidence in the players. I know the Indian players and they are for sure not 171 in the world. Obviously there is a great deal of work but as I found when I was there before the Indian players are more than capable of doing well given the chance. There also needs to be continuity at all levels of the national team and the same philosophy from top to bottom, this then allows the younger players a smooth transition from one national team to do the other, as all the teams will be doing very similar things in training preparation and so on," he explained.

“There is a basic need to get the coaching staff right as well and of course having the International experience is of course a vital component. It is a completely different type of game and the build to games is of course very different,” he added.

Switching topics to the unbelievable progress made by the Rwandan national team in such a short space of time under his tutelage, the 52 year-old revealed it was the mixture of hard work and trust that led to such an expansive rise.

“Yes, it has been an unbelievable day, the whole country is going mad, it is the highest placing in Rwanda's history, and we are the biggest movers so really happy for everyone and always great to see your hard work payoff. The secret is no secret it is a case of a lot of hard work and having good people around me who believe and want the same things. The other key point is allowing the coach to decide on all football matters and having the conviction they hired the right guy,” he expounded.  

The former Millwall coach nearly guided Rwanda into the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) as well, but they were disqualified under questionable circumstances, due to them having a Congo-born player amongst them. “The situation regarding the disqualification was shocking and to be honest a disgrace the player in question (we were disqualified because we had a player who was born in Congo and played for us) the fact of the matter is the lad had played for Rwanda for 5 years!” exclaimed an exasperated Constantine.

He also revealed that he was fortunate enough to have good contacts around the world give him a complete SWOT analysis of his opposition internationally, besides having exposure on the international level in coaching teams.

“I think having coached five national teams was also a help in how we prepare for games, carefully selecting and organising international friendlies, and being able to use my experience in many other areas ranging from knowing contacts across the world to get information on the opposition to understanding the different aspects of international football.  The success of any International team is a much different type of game then a domestic league,” he revealed candidly.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2014/12/20/7245962/constantine-indian-players-are-for-sure-not-171-in-the-world?ICID=SP

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Breaking news Coming that stephen constaine is appointed as a coach of INFT 
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points