New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    "We have also identified two Germans -- Nicolai Adam and Bernard Lippert -- as the men ideal to take over as the national Under 17 coach ahead of the World Under 17 Cup to be hosted by India in 2017," said Bhutia.

According to Bhutia, the AIFF was determined to get the best man for the juniors as they represented the future of Indian football.
    "The under 17 coach's name will be finalised by the end of this month. This is a very important job and we are interested in decent spending on the man as the boys who train under him would be our future stars," Bhutia said.

http://m.sports.ndtv.com/football/news/234861-stephen-constantine-may-get-second-stint-as-india-s-football-coach
    dhritiman7
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    I think only Constantine will accept this pay scale
  • I dnt remember how technically good or bad was Stephen Constantine as a coach of Indian NT previously but I do remember he wasn't at all impressive. That's why Bob Houghton was brought in after him.
    Now if we go back to him (if he is appointed) I would say we would be regressing. Not sure though how he is now.

Be ready to get to 190 FIFA ranking guys..take my word for it!!
    I would be happy if I am proven wrong.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Indian football has grown since he has left. HE has grown since he has left and has done pretty decent.

Give the man a chance to prove that he has learned and can right the broken ship that is the India national team.
    bida 25 dhritiman7archak
  • Yes absolutely I dnt mind that but what will happen if this experiment fails?
    Just hope for the sake of Indian football he doesnt prove to be a total failure or else we will go behind another 10 - 15 years.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just don't be pessimistic and think about it. In 2015 we should be happy with the following:

- Win the 2015 SAFF Cup.
    - Make it to the 2nd round of FIFA qualifying.
    - Qualify for the AFC U-23 Championship (U23 specific).

Thats all we need to do right now to set a base for the next few years.
    bida 25
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    I still hope we qualify for AFC ASIA CUP 2019
    Though very small chance
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    Sanjeev Biswas What do you think if we appoint a highly technical coach he will lead us to Asia cup or above 90 in FIFA rankings (the highest attained by India)? You got to look at his C.V. and his experience I prefer you first know about him and then give a shot.  
    Ronny
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited December 2014
    @SanjeevBiswas You are wrong that Bob was brought after Stephan. After Stephan, sukhwinder Singh was appointed coach. After Sukhwinder Singh, Sayeed Nayeemuddin was appointed. Then after Nayeemuddin, Bob Came.
    Result under Stephan was a mixed bag but way much better then this Koevarmans. Under Stephan, India defeated Kuwait, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, rwanda, Zimbabwe, singapore and played draw with North Korea, Jamaica, Oman. Can we even dream of such results now?? stephan constantine humiliation was 5-1 loss to Oman in World Cup Qualification to Oman at Cochin. He was mainly fired for that.
    dhritiman7
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    Ignore ranking and NT, constrate on youth and U21 team for further. Current NT cant handle anything.