New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    Just having a licence doesn't make him a good coach its like having a driving licence doesn't make you a good driver
    dhritiman7
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Stephen want his own staff... But Aiff want to stick with savio ..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    COME ON STEPHEN! DON'T GIVE UP!
  • LeedsonLeedson 51 Points
    If he gets his own staffs then we would see revolution in indian football,rising in fifa rankings
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    If he gets his own staff...it better be guys from India he interviews for the job and not just bring his mates from UK.

We need guys who know the player's & ground realities in India...not someone who will take 2years to figure it out.

We wasted Crores on Rob & Scott taking time to figure out the nuances of Indian Foitball politics
    Domnicmunna219777reddevil87
    Fair enough. So someone should give him "advice" like that. He can bring in his own staff but try to make them a mixture of guys he knows, who he has worked with in the past, and guys who know Indian football.

Bengaluru FC is an example of a great technical staff.
    Pondicherrygaffertape
  • Really, I have a question for gaffertape, why do you guys persist with Savio? Don't you have a better person or assistant coach that you cannot get for the past, what 5 to 6 years? A coach has his right to choose his team and yes, I do agree he should interview someone from India who knows Indian football. I am asking you this because you are widely regarded as an insider of AIFF. 

btw, don't get me wrong, are you Savio?
    Domnicgaffertapeashindiaarchakgoalkeeparreddevil87
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    first I'm Marcus Merguelho , then Savio Madeira.... guessing someone spotted me eating Fish Curry rice & shouting " fodiya" last week....

Unfortunately in the past..... there were AIFF employed coaches, and there still at at the Academies...so as they were salaried, made sense to use them rather than allow outside hirings...

Especially to bridge the U-23 and Senior i would go with an "Indian based" Asst. Coach
    A short list would be as @ArsenalFan700 suggested... to follow the BFC model

• BFC duo of Reddy & Richard Hood
    • now that Aaron Simons is back..he could be an option too, ( Arrows Asst coach) 
    • Thangboi Singto ( especially if Lajong folds shop in I-League)
    • Santosh Kashyap , has good pedigree with developing young players
    • Bitan Singh ( was with IMG boys in Floride , and know all those kids very well..)
    any other suggestions ??

7negimunna219777namewtheld
    The Indian assistant coach should have a good eye for spotting talent. That is what is needed. Someone to go to the I-League games and report back to Stephen on the players he saw. Stephen can't go to all the games so this would be a need.

What is the background on Bitan Singh?
    munna219777
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    How is it that people still dont know @gaffertape. Well, I thought most of us know him well. We hv seen him close although he never noticed us for matches in Goa. :-w
    7negiarchakmunna219777