New coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Wim was really only experienced with youth coaching for the most part with some club coaching before 2002. This guy has both and has IMO a better resume than Wim.

Not saying we should go for him, plus I am sure he would demand a wage, just trying to start some discussion.
    I'm bored... whats the opinions on Michael Weib, Gordan Igesund, and Stuart Baxter?
    namewtheld
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    i rather would like to not shake things up too much. Am looking at a situation where the youth teams if they do perform well, with u-19 team upgrading themselves to the national squad, then it makes sense in having the youth team coaches also play a role in the senior team management?
    Deb_Ban
    Maybe we could promote Syed Sabir Pasha to assistant coach or something but I don't think he should be promoted to the head coaching role at all and it would be silly to suggest the under-19 side automatically promoting themselves to senior level like that. These boys will need to earn their caps playing senior football and outperforming the pros.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    No, Am not suggesting the current U-19 team to promote itself, Far from it. Plus i still am not convinced on the ability of any our youth teams until they play in AFC tournaments, Thats the barometer.

I wanted to bring an opinion where we have a huge roster from the U-23 to the U-15 now. The first part is get a proper roster which we have done.

Now grow along with them (Kids currently are raw)and keep populating the list whenever a raw talent is spotted , SC can remain the coach whether we qualify to AFC or not, Cos the current team should be viewed only as a temporary stopgap until we get the youth teams upto speed.

Looking at it we genuinely should play and compete with the big boys from the U-17 worldcup onwards to the 2022 WC qualification.
    Ah, I got what you are saying now. I agree for the most part. Not sure how I feel about Constantine right now, which is part of the reason I mentioned the three other guys in the first place. I wanted him last year as he had experience in India, knew how Indians played, and would be able to stabilize the side, but everything I have heard since has been very discouraging.
  • We took a big leap when we hired Bob Houghton. Houghton was team member of Roy Hodgson (England manager) and Bob was also coach of China, Uzbekistan.
    When Bob was coach, we did not see such negativity amongst fans and players. Even though we lost in AFC Asian Cup in 2011, fans were okay with the Coach.
    We need to think that either we take Home grown Indian coach or go for some big name from abroad. Stephen Constantine do not fall in either of these two categories.
    Results do matter.
    ArsenalFan700sparta
    Agree. Bob had a very good relationship with his players, he knew how to do so. He had his controversies but overall he was liked among the players and he seemed to like being in India as well.

That is why I am trying to put the names of guys like Gordan or Stuart.
    munna219777
  • If you look at Bob tenure carefully all controversies started when Das Munshi went into coma and Patel came into the picture. Patel initially liked him but just before Asia Cup Bob resigned and demanded a hike, that made Patel angry and he played dirty politics and Bob earned a racist tag after so many long years of global football experience. 

Any one for Habas? I am seeing him as next NT coach because he is now in touch with our living legend BB15. 
    munna219777
  • samsam 16458 Points
    Would Habas be a very bad option? I mean everybody who knows or is in touch with BB15 is not bad or without talent. 
    archak