Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points

Dear All,

We are please to inform that we had decided in our last meeting to renovate our Club Ground to be able to organise our I-League matches of 2017-18 season.

In line with the above we had requested Mr. Sunando Dhar, CEO I-League and Mr. Akshay Rohatgi, Manager I-League to inspect the Club ground and suggest the necessary up-gradation as recommended in Stadium Regulations. They have kindly agreed to visit us tomorrow at 3.30 pm at the Mohun Bagan ground.

Beside the above as informed our preseason training in preparation for Calcutta Football League 2017-18 will commence from tomorrow at 8:30 am at Club Ground.

Warm Regards

Imran Khan

Media Manager

Mohun Bagan

shakkeerKMCarbon_14EastBengalPridemunna219777
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    edited July 2017
    Bagan to start their pre season from 2mrw. With not very many players around,I think,I should try my luck! :p  
    AKB
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30211 Points
    And I should try mine at East Bengal...I think I can play a bit better than our 'Guri paji' (Gurwinder Singh)...why they decided to retain this 'hulking ox' is beyond me...unless of course Nitu Sarkar wants him to double up as his personal bodyguard :p...sorry for off-topic comments
    munna219777
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    I found Gurwinder's performance better than Arnab last season. He is a tough defender(might not know the basics of defending though! )
    gaffertapeAKB
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Both are past their prime. 
    munna219777
    http://xtratime.in/kromah-in-lethal-form-mohun-bagan-picks-5-players-from-the-trials/

Kolkata: Mohun Bagan fans might get excited despite so much trouble to retain their squad of the previous season. The Green and Maroon brigade have retained only two senior players Shilton Paul and Kinshuk Debnath from their squad of the previous season. A bunch of youngsters and a few proven foreigners like Ansumana Kromah and Bayi Kamo are now the new hopes for Bagan, as defender Kingsley is yet to arrive.

Among all the players, the point of attraction has certainly been Kromah. The former Churchill Brothers forward has been looking sharp in front of the goal and scoring goals at whim. Even today at a pre-season friendly against Coal India, Kromah scored a brace. Bagan youngster Sourav Das too scored a brace with Narohari Sreshtha scored a goal to help Bagan to register an emphatic 5-0 win in their first pre-season game of the season. Though coach Shankarlal Chakraborty told, “The players are not yet fully fit. That’s why I used them with a maximum time of fifty minutes. Our foreigners know the muddy Kolkata grounds really well as they have played here before. I’m optimistic and greedy for some positive results.” Kromah too was happy, as he said, “It’s always good to get goals under your belt. I am happy. Before Mohun Bagan, it was East Bengal who came to me with an offer, but I chose Bagan. I’m here to prove myself.”

Meanwhile, club sources have confirmed that Mohun Bagan have chosen Mithun Samanta, Boi Singh, Rohit Sharma, Bikash Saini, Dhananjay Yadav from the trial among 16 players. They will also complete the signing of Narohari Sreshtha.

Carbon_14munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Narohari Sreshtha is the guy who impressed in the Santosh Trophy ...isn't it ? Btw he played for which team in last CFL ? Any idea ?
    Last played for DSK Shivajians in the I-league
    Carbon_14
  • samsam 16533 Points
    MB won 5-0 against coal india in practice match
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10068 Points
    Any details of Sourav Das?