Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    When was Bagan's a/cs audited? :D   #AskAnjan
    gaffertapeshubham_northeastern
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30211 Points
    http://xtratime.in/mohun-bagan-will-build-a-strong-squad-fans-should-not-panic-debashish-dutta/

Mohun Bagan will build a strong squad, fans should not panic: Debashish Dutta

Internet Desk: The Mohun Bagan fans to get a huge boost ahead of the new season despite all the turmoils, as the Mohun Bagan official Debasish Dutta has a significant message for all of them. When arch rivals East Bengal has been building a strong squad for the forthcoming season and already into the final stage of completing the squad Mohun Bagan is yet to start their team building process. Even the selection of their coach is not yet finalized. On the other hand, East Bengal has unveiled their new coach as well and that too by introducing the last season’s I-League winning coach Khalid Jamil.

The East Bengal brigade also hijacked Bagan’s star physical trainer Djair Miranda Garcia yesterday. Though Bagan official Debashish Dutta told www.xtratime.in ,”Mohun Bagan fans should not panic. We will surely build a team maintaining the rich standard of the club. Mohun Bagan will build a team like Mohun Bagan does.”

The Bagan official also broken his silence on the resignation of President Swapan Sadhan Bose, who had been the only financial resource for the club in the last few seasons. Debashish said, “Mohun Bagan fans don’t want Tutu Bose, they want a good squad and I promise that will happen.”

On the other hand, star defender Dhanachandra Singh told www.xtratime.in , “If I play in the I-League, I will play for Mohun Bagan only. I have recovered from the injury and will probably be there in the ISL draft. If I don’t play in the ISL, Mohun Bagan will be my first choice. Though Bagan have released players like Sony Norde and Katsumi Yusa, the interests of the Indian players to play for the club is still there.

Meanwhile, East Bengal has reportedly started negotiations with Chennai City FC’s Brazilian forward Charles.

Carbon_14munna219777Soccerlover
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    All talk...nothing concrete...its going to be a long frustrating season....at the very least club should lock in a long term sponsor with deep pockets like Hyundai /Maruti / Pepsi...that will reassure the fans more Tha these silly statements
    Carbon_14Deb_Ban
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Tutu Bose has resigned but don't make the mistake for a minute he won't run the club. As long as Bagan makes a strong squad, which I am sure they will, fans really shouldn't panic. If Bagan gets a sponsor who is willing to claim a minority stake, their budget will exceed most ISL teams. 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10068 Points
    Tutu will run the club through son. All this drama is to eliminate Anjan with whom the Bose camp is having differences for some time (Mitra is not physically fit as well).

As for squad building​, the supporters need not worry, I am sure work is going on behind the scenes.
    Carbon_14
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    How fit is Tutu btw!  ;)
    goalkeeparmunna219777AKB
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29725 Points
    Why is that MB ocean going barge visit goa in very 2 months?.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Business purpose of Tutu Bose
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30211 Points
    http://xtratime.in/find-out-mohun-bagans-probable-new-home-for-the-forthcoming-season/

Find out Mohun Bagan’s probable new Home for the forthcoming season

8cb006ff-7165-4ee0-a832-48df9fde0a17
    • Legendary footballer Subrata Bhattacharya to get Mohun Bagan Ratna Award 2017.
    • Mohun Bagan trying to organize their I-League matches at their own ground.
    • The club has increased the price of club membership from 230 rupees to 480 rupees.
    • Balwant Singh will get the Best Footballer of the Year award.
    • Debabrata Das will receive the cricketer of the year award.
    • Women cricketer Jhulan Goswami to get a special felicitation.

Kolkata: Legendary footballer Subrata Bhattacharya will receive this year’s Mohun Bagan Ratna award. He will receive the prestigious honour on Mohun Bagan Day. Subrata won a lot of trophies while playing for the side. Under his coaching period, Bagan won the National Football League as well.

On being asked why Subrata is getting the award so late, Mohun Bagan secretary Anjan Mitra said,”The club confers this prestigious award to the right people on right time and it is the right moment for Subrata to get this award.”

The Mariners are trying to host the I-League matches on their home ground. They have taken the required permission from the military too. But a question is raising whether the Green and Maroon Brigade are trying to avoid the tussle with ISL franchise Atletico de Kolkata, though the Bagan officials remained silent on this issue. Mohun Bagan club’s Assistant Secretary Srinjoy Bose said,” We hired Rabindra Sarobar Stadium from Atletico de Kolkata for Rs.1 crore in the last season. In the meeting we have discussed that the supporters are facing some problems to go and watch the matches at extreme south or at Salt Lake Hosting the matches at home would be ideal for them.”

Mohun Bagan President Tutu Basu’s resignation was also discussed in the meeting. Club secretary Anjan Mitra said,”I will personally look after this matter and will talk with him regarding this and then we can come to a conclusion.”

On the other hand the club has increased the amount of club membership from 230 rupees to 480 rupees. The final decision regarding this issue will be taken on Mohun Bagan’s AGM on August 5 as the amendment must have to be passed on that day.

Ashkaul5Carbon_14
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Rs. 480 for annual membership??? Thats too cheap!!! 
    Ashkaul5