Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    That komal thattal stat haunts me. That is precisely how we continue to lose youngsters and then we label them as failures. 
    On that note, how much has rest of his peers played ?
    Ronnythebeautifulgamegaffertapesouravindiaindian_gooner
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited November 2020
    @goalkeepar can't agree more. Just on a different topic, Today I saw pictures of sehnaj on the practice pitch, and trust me he doesn't even look fit enough to walk properly, too much "daba daru" during his quality quarantine at home has turned him into a fluffy cheese cake. I simply don't understand the logic behind registering such players for the season, while we always tend to overlook the bright young prospects that we have in our youth systems.
    Always will be thankful to kibu vicuna for breaking this illogical practice. Kibu did the right thing by promoting bagan's best u19 players to the senior team. They were hungry and did exceptionally well.
    I believe sk sahil is very much comparable to the likes of amarjit, jeckson or suresh. Had he been playing for a ISL team last season, he would have been in National team set up immediately. That good was his performance. I don't know what's there in his fate now at ATKMB, such a pity.
    Same goes for subho ghosh. Can you believe he's in goa and they simply didn't register him even after joby got ruled out! Currently Subho is at per with vikram pratap as a striker. Yet everybody is ecstatic about VPS while nobody's gonna remember subho from next season onwards, as he's going to miss the whole season and people like us will never going to discuss his name anywhere afterwards. He will be forgotten and vanished from the scene.
    Komal and India senior team center back salam ranjan are also in goa and training with the team, yet they didn't make the cut to the squad.
    Deep saha and kiyan nasiri were not even called to the camp in goa.
    I don't remember when the last time I saw boris play in last two years. Dheeraj is also losing out valuable time in his career.
    At the end we all have to admit, We, our clubs and the agents of the players, all are equally responsible for ruining the future of these bright young kids. 

thebeautifulgamegoalkeepargaffertapeDeb_Bansouravindiamasefieldtheoilfieldindian_goonerRonnymunna219777Carbon_14and 1 other.
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    They should atleast try to loan out these players to I-League. No need keep them as backup for any injuries or for 2 month second division. They have enough squad depth to deal with injuries. Habas won't rotate squad as well.
    Let them get some valuable gametime rather than training away from main team.
    Deb_Banashindiaindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    That's as honest a confession as any, especially the "we" and the "people like us" part. While we are vociferous in our criticism of the federation, the clubs and the agents (who should rightly take most of the blame for the present state of affairs in Indian football), we should not forget our own complicity in this matter. We, the fans, are duty bound to raise our voices against the malpractices in Indian football but all too often in our support towards our particular clubs, we tend to dull the edge of criticism/censure.

In this context, I am reminded of another post by one of our most senior members,@Deb_Ban. When Fran Gonzalez, the MB player who had played part in MB's I-League win last year, complained on social media that the MB officials were not communicating with him in spite of his having one year of his contract left, @Deb_Ban had forthrightly said that Fran should go to the FIFA to voice his complaint. That, in spite of being an ardent MB fan, he did not hesitate to speak his mind and lashed out at his own club officials, speaks volumes about his commitment to the cause of football and the football players. It shows that blind partisanship and unthinking loyalty is perhaps not as endemic to Indian football supporters as is made out to be.

A grant salute to you guys, @imsourav, @Deb_Ban for your no-nonsense attitude and your dedication to Indian football. As long as there are guys like you, and others, here on IFN as well as elsewhere, there exists a sliver of hope for Indian football, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Speak out and let your voices be heard, guys, for therein lies the only hope for Indian football.

Cheers!! <3
    gaffertapegoalkeeparmasefieldtheoilfieldashindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    edited November 2020
    Yes, Shubho should go to East Bengal @goalkeepar.

But that is precisely the reason why EB won't hire him because what should take place will not take place. EB will continue with an unfit Jeje, an over the hill Balwant and Vineeth and the likes of Girik Khosla but will have no place for a talented youngster like Subho who came off the bench and scored crucial goals in last year's I-league to put his team's campaign on track. Such things, I am afraid, will continue to happen even after investors, corporatisation and high-pitched rhetoric about developing youngsters by the Big Two
    goalkeepargaffertapeashindiakartik91
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Hate to break it, but the old system that we have in place is not going to go anywhere soon. To think that a Renedy or a Bhaichung would do anything beyond this would be plain foolishness. I really have faith in Fowler, he did a good job by calling out Jeje and Sehnaj's bluff, but he doesn't really have the means to help in any meaningful way. If your club decides to remove your most promising domestic products for some 'notable' players, you can't do anything.
    goalkeeparashindiasaumendu
  • Arun67Arun67 Navi Mumbai252 Points
    During May both Suvo nd Sahil was offered by EB but turned down by their agents. Now it is difficult to predict that any fresh offers will make for Suvo or not
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Thank you @thebeautifulgame for your kind words. I think we have flocked together in this forum primarily as football lovers, expressing ourselves through our love of respective clubs we are fans of.
    In this context, we need to appreciate @G_K as well for his analyses, more so because good analyses are rare to come these days since the time some of our veteran members had taken time off.
    It pains me to find the fine MB team splintered and shattered after such a pleasing display. I have never seen such artistry on field since the times of EB of the seventies (Krishanu Dey-Surajit Sengupta-Sudhir Karmakar-Shyam Thapa-Majid Baskar and others time) or MB and JCT (Inder Singh-Parmindar Singh) of the same period or FC Kochi of later years, though the way the game is being played has changed a lot. Kibu Vicuna deserves waves of standing ovation for not only combining most effective foreigners contingent but for grooming the local teenagers seamlessly with them. The support team as well: MB were the least accident prone team. This team should have been kept together for at least two more years when the youngsters would have taken over. The domination of the team winning the league with four rounds remaining tells nothing of the mastery of the players, the 23-pass goal records some of that.
    Kibu Vicuna's Mohun Bagan will remain close to my heart as the best Indian football team, the team colours happened to be green and maroon.

souravindiagoalkeeparG_Kgaffertapeashindiaindian_goonermunna219777kartik91
  • Frankly ISL has given opportunity to register players so that developmental players are part of the team and then they can be loaned out to get playing time. But unfortunately with Habas as the helm, youngsters are not going to get chances. He isn't one who is going to break winning momentum. 
    While it is true clubs are equally at fault, in many ways it really also depends on the gaffer and his principles and how he takes Indian football. 
    People like Kibu, Coyle, Cuadret have shown they are comfortable playing youngsters, Habas really hasn't.

And this is where really Indian Arrows did make a difference to many of the players as they got valuable playing time. Komal (due to his agents) really made a horrible choice at that time, as they did get an opportunity.

MB youngsters like Subho should now try out on Loan to other I-League clubs, that's the only way they get to play and not go out of reckoning in future.
    goalkeepargaffertapeindian_goonermunna219777sparta
  • And another thing I am sure, Habas will register some of these players in AFC cup. Cause he doesn't think of getting to Asian level as much. It would be a bonus for him if he does.