Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    remember a-league has a salary cap ,their minimum salary is 46k australian dollars
  • @sabir you got me there, appreciate the technical point you raise, in fact no sooner I shut my laptop after typing the post, I thought to myself, the post is incomplete since I missed mentioning that Sur was expecting him to turn and took a full measure of his shirt just to prevent him from turning, in the process giving him enough time to size up the back volley. Oh well, such are the limitations of having to type out the entire incident that you will always miss something or the other. Manandeep is from Haryana, you are right he tries to get out of the defender's block but then tell me who did he dodge ?? SURKUMAR SINGH on his way to scoring the second goal and no sooner he dodged on the outside, what did surkumar do ?? was crawling on the pitch. In that case, you are right but not all defenders will crawl, more so in that situation because the only way manandeep could have dodged to line up his strike is outside so that he could have the entire goal mouth at his mercy because if he dodged on the inside, the angle would have become so acute, he would have missed the target (his shot is not that accurate, that's something to exploit, push him to the sides so that the angle becomes more acute, remember when Prakash Thorat shot from an angle, the ball hit the woodwork, so not that easy to score more the angle becomes acute)

I always thought and still believe Bhutia was the best we had after Vijayan and he was pretty good at his job until that calf injury struck him (like it has Barretto now) and he started devising ways and means to elongate his career pissing of a bunch of folks in MB in the process. In fact Karim Bencharifa, who is all for including Bhutia in the national team now was the first to call for his ouster and it was only under Karim's instructions that MB officials dropped him. Very surprising how people change their responses to the demands of the situation just like Karim has done recently, isn't it ?

Chetri is nowhere near the class of Bhutia when it comes to striking and finding the net and to be honest we don't have anyone of Bhutia or Vijayan level in Indian football right now, whether Manandeep will become, one, time will tell. Robin Singh has already lost it, what a waste of that great physical advantage he had and Abranches is not bhuta or vijayan level by any means although he does manage to get the odd one in.

gotta run now, later
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Nice analysis about Mandeep. True, he is not of the level of Sunil, but he would get better of age. His transfer to EB is bad decision I would say, it would have been better, if he moved to Prayag or any other low or mid level team like shillong, pune, etc. (agree the reasons you mentioned).
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Manandeep needs the speed that sudden burst of acceleration which is missing,also his movement with the ball is slow and at International level defenders will easily catch him.

Abranches only has speed and stamina,0 in technique.
  • In the game against EB, when Opara bottled him up through professional fouls and no way could Manandeep get the better of Opara in physical strength, he completely lost focus and his game went for a toss. He started complaining to the ref, throwing his arms arounds, wrestling with Opara Haryanvi style, off course without much success. All that being said, MB has one of the most porous and soft defences in the I league, in my personal opinion, other than HAL no one has this pathetic a defence, even Pailan has a better defence than MB (off course a much much weaker and unimaginative striking force than MB). Had it not been for TD Subrata Bhattacharya's intelligent defensive organization, smart strategy of playing crucial games with a couple defensive central midfielders, I am sure MB would have been fighting relegation by now. And this is not my personal opinion, 90% of the fans in the fans club and facebook groups have discussed this time and again. Man, MB defenders do funny things. Going back to the analysis of the first goal MB conceded, the basic rule of defending is to go for the ball, more aggressively so as the opponent gets closer to your box. I used to play defence in my hey days, this is the most basic thing any coach would teach you, do whatever you can so that your opponent striker looses control of the ball. When I used to play in the amateur league in Chicago, if I could not match the physique of some of these big guys and was also not fit enough to time my sliding tackles perfectly, I used to just kick the ball towards the sidelines, at least do something to disturb them to upset their rhythm when they are running with the ball or lining up to pull the trigger thus ensuring they will never have the ball where they want it to be. Most forwards get frustrated by this, sometimes to the extent that they will barge into you and then I would appeal to the ref that I am fouled. MB defenders cannot even think of such strategies to cover up for their deficiencies in technique. Anwar Ali cannot slide tackle, poor with aerial balls (he cannot turn the ball in a different direction with his heading, he can just about get his head position right to return the ball back in the same straight line it was coming at him). Surkumar has slowed down considerably and is all at sea with thinking on his feet and also matching younger guns in pace and stamina, in that case you need to draw upon your vast reservoir of experience to out think the younger guys, which he is failing to do time and again, hence the Manandeeps, are having field days making mincemeat of such a defense
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ Projenator...I was not mentioning the particular goal. If you follow Manandeep , you will see he has the good habit of not hitting the defender when there is a way to go around him.
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Among young strikers I always have I hope for Robin Singh. He has the physic and strength, and more importantly he has the brain to make good passes. He remains careful of side traps (which many others dont do.) Shooting though powerful but needed to be acurate. He tries to finish accurately but misses many times. Hope we will perfect this art over time. But , I am happy he tries it instead of pulling the trigger blindly. In a recent match he was criticised for missing the post while attempting the far post while the GK was charging in to narrow the goal mouth. But, most of the Indian strikers will hit the GK instead and the GK will be praised for saving a goal (people will forget actually the striker has missed it). The goal today, and the one against Arrows last year or against the SLFC in IFA Shield are some examples of clinical finishing. But , what can happen when a 20 years boy get a 50 Lakh offer in his first season happened with him. That just blew his mind. Hope , from the struggling in this season he will learn and try to raise the standard of his game.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    People of Kolkata including @MarinerAvirup<;div><br></div><div>Is there any buzz about what is Mohun bagan doing about its plans of infrastructure development? Any development in that regard?</div>
  • somesh wrote:
    People of Kolkata including @MarinerAvirup<;div><br></div><div>Is there any buzz about what is Mohun bagan doing about its plans of infrastructure development? Any development in that regard?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div> =)) <div><br></div><div>the officials are busy getting there relatives in the comittee, they are creating infrastructure in the family. they are busy to create groupism about subrata bhattacharjee-anti subrata, baretto-anti baretto, </div>
  • somesh wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div> =)) <div><br></div><div>the officials are busy getting there relatives in the comittee, they are creating infrastructure in the family. they are busy to create groupism about subrata bhattacharjee-anti subrata, baretto-anti baretto, </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>A family club is not bad. Arsenal is a family club yet they are doing great. Just needs to been done right.</div>