Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <h2><font face="'Comic Sans MS'" color="#ff9900">Barreto's Farewell match on 6th May vs Pune FC</font></h2><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">Mohun Bagan's 'Ghorer Chhele' Jose Ramires Barreto will be given a grand farewell by Mohun Bagan fans and officials on 6th of May in the I-league match against Pune FC in Yuva Bharati Krirangan, Salt lake.</font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'"><br></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">Jose Barreto is joining Bhawanipore next season and there is no chance of him playing in Green/Maroon jersey again. He had been loyal to Mohun Bagan for almost his entire career. </font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'"><br></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">He started playing for them in 1999 and continued till 2004 when he left after clashes with the then officials of MB.</font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'"><br></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">He played for Penang of Malaysia for 2 years and then came back to India in Mahindra United jersey. After 1 season with the now disbanded red-devils of Mumbai, he returned back to Mohun Bagan and has stayed there ever since.</font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'"><br></font></div><div><font face="'Comic Sans MS'">Mohun Bagan officials have urged their fans to fill up the YBK stadium on 6th of May to bid Barreto a grand farewell.</font></div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    A very nice gesture from MB to 'Ghorer Chele' (meaning boy belonging to the family). A true loyal (when players in India are changing clubs after each year)!!  ^:)^
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    A good gesture for a loyal player from their clubs fans...
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    edited April 2012
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><font size="2" face="Verdana"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">Trevor Morgan at the press conference yesterday said  that the Calcutta giants, Mohun Bagan and East Bengal are BIG
    CLUBs with massive fan base. Coaching at these clubs is a very difficult
    job, the experience would look great on any coach's resume given that one has to handle extreme pressure arising from high expectations of
    millions of fans.<br><br> </span></font></h6>
    I don't know how to interpret this statement of Morgan's
  • somesh wrote:
    I don't know how to interpret this statement of Morgan's

<br><br>I would say that in a way he is praising the idea of working in Kolkata and that if you can get past the pressure and can be successful in Kolkata you can be successful anywhere<br>
    Bagan team list for next season, at least 80% correct in my personal opinion, that too speaking very conservatively, I prefer to be a man of my words.<br><br>For those who don't understand Bengali, have your Bengali friends translate for you.<br>
    Why is Mehrajuddin still an asset?
    ask MB officials, not me.  What more can you expect from folks who are hands in gloves with politicians, do you expect them to be up to date with modern day recruiting frameworks, they don't even have a formalized policy, forget recruiting and compensation based on performance trending, analysis and the like<br>
    @Projenator It was a rhetorical question. But I like your answer