India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Mohammad,Remaining Indian Participants:-Participants and not Medal Hopes(I've lost all hopes)

3 Wrestlers,Vikas(boxers),2 Badminton Players.If we are to win a medal,99 percent it will have to be from these 6 players now.More Realistically from Wrestling and boxing.

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Yogeshwar Dutt is my only remaining hope
  • samsam 16526 Points
    I might get a lot of dislike for this but Deepa's performance was made look good by the unexpected bad performance by the other gymnasts. Had Deepa got a bit better landing, she would have got the medal. Swiss girl was very clever in her choices of type of vault.  
    Nagendra
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Surprisingly we keep celebrating losers. If you don't win a medal for your country you are a loser, plain and simple. They entire concept of providing government jobs have created a bunch of under performing loser squad in most sports. Does the Americans or Russians or Europeans provide government jobs to their sportspersons? Hell no and look at their medal tally. I don't care about dislikes, this fucking joke of us sending nincompoops to the biggest stage and giving free jobs has to stop if we ever gonna be a strong sporting nation. 
     Karmakar is one of the best in the world and she showed it even before Olympics. These are the kind of talents who need government support and financial aid, not the losers we see every time in most sports.
    DomnicNagendramunna219777kartik91
    Surprisingly we keep celebrating losers. If you don't win a medal for your country you are a loser, plain and simple. They entire concept of providing government jobs have created a bunch of under performing loser squad in most sports. Does the Americans or Russians or Europeans provide government jobs to their sportspersons? Hell no and look at their medal tally. I don't care about dislikes, this fucking joke of us sending nincompoops to the biggest stage and giving free jobs has to stop if we ever gonna be a strong sporting nation. 
     Karmakar is one of the best in the world and she showed it even before Olympics. These are the kind of talents who need government support and financial aid, not the losers we see every time in most sports.
    thebeautifulgameNagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    ;EastBengalPride  ...

I'll answer all your questions once we get a medal in Rio....
    I don't have any questions @Nagendra so spare me your answer.

Sania Nehwal admitted she was hiding an injury she suffered a couple of weeks ago. What the fuck the BAI was doing? They should have immediately assessed it and removed her from the squad. Same goes for that fat bastard Vikas Gowda. 
    DomnicNagendragopiajeeshshibiermunna219777reddevil87
    ;EastBengalPride ...

kindly don't use foul language.... u are very intelligent and might don't have any questions.... it doesn't mean you should use foul language...

plz provide replacements for Saina Nehwal and Vikas Gowda... even if IOC & Indian federations find replacements, do you think world badminton federation and IAAF will allow replacements....

However, I'm not aware of the rules... but definitely it's not like Wrestling where quota belongs to country..

Also it's hard to even request for wild card entries after dead-line...

atuljg
    ;EastBengalPride , munna219777  , Bad & all IFN friends...

Sorry if I'm rude here... This message is not intended to anyone and also it is not lecture... please feel free to dislike or counter me... 

I know that everyone is hurt ... I'm equally hurt & upset due to our performance in Rio Olympics... To be precise, I'm watching & following Indian Olympic events more than any one else without even proper sleep as I'm staying in California and all events are in odd timings for me...

We have expected good performance & more medals than London as Rio participants are more and preparation is good for Rio with good number of sponsors...

But let's think about the reality... when did we achieve/won more than 1 medal... 1 st time by Anglo-Indian and 2nd time in 1952.... after that there is a long gap and we even struggle to win a medal in Olympics other than Hockey.... Now, even in Hockey it's a dream for us to win a medal in Olympics... winning 1 medal is an achievement for us till 2004..

Basically, we Indians are not sport-lovers... we want to be Doctors,Engineers,Scientists,CEO's,Govt. Jobs,Highest salary with minimum work... Everyone will say Cricket is most followed sport... but who is watching Test Cricket in Stadium, even ODI are struggling now... We don't like dust/sweat and want to be in A.C or minimum in shelter...

Even after winning Olympic medal in 2000 in weightlifting, nothing improved, no sponsors or proper path/infrastructure....I'm saying because I saw many budding lifters struggled to get sponsors in Andhra Pradesh... 

But things got improved after 2004.. Lot of sponsors, govt realized, even parents/schools started realizing now-a-days and it will take atleast 20-25 years to convert them into champions...

People might be asking , last time, we won 6 medals and this time it should be more or equal as the number of participants are more and they have government or sponsors backing...

We are spending but these are all peanuts, there are countries which are spending in millions/billions on sports... For us, sports is secondary.. on top of it, in India there is huge difference b/w Rich & Poor... People need to purely rely on monthly/daily earnings and we are still developing and not developed country... it will take years for us to improve..

for example, Japan spends millions in sports and they have better infrastructure... even they used to struggled to win gold medals in Olympics even after sending 300+ participants.. for example 1996 Atlanta Olympics...  and we shouldn't consider 3 gold medals they won in 1996 Olympics since Judo is their pet event....on top of it, Japan (Tokyo) already host in 1964 Olympics.... and they should having all infrastructure in place..

munna219777reddevil87
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    I want to say one thing that Sindhu does wonders when Saina fails. Remember the world championship medals. Btw, here's the video of her beating the chinese in straight sets in 2015  .

Record is in favour of the chinese with 4-2 , but the latest win is with Sindhu . She can do anything on her day that's what I know.

Believe in Gopichand :)
    Nagendranamewtheldmunna219777atuljg