India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    edited August 2016
    ;sparta  ...

partially agree.... but it's difficult for her... tough route to SF....  may be on her day, she can win a match against top opponent or Chinese but not tournaments...

On top of it, for China, Olympics is like their pride and winning medal in Olympics is distant dream for them and they will give their hearts out and winning against them in Olympics is not easy...that too in Badminton & T.T...

Even for Indians, it is distant dream to win a Olympic medal... but they will always have a second chance.. I mean even if SIndhu loses, she can think she will get another chance in Tokyo... but that is not true for Chinese... their might be other best players who will compete in Tokyo and no guarantee of a second chance...on top it, there is lot competition for places in china and they would have already handled all the pressure before coming to Olympics...Top 2 or top 3 in china in events like Badminton & T.T is not a cake walk for them... that is true for Americans also..

Would be happy if I'm proven wrong.. winning silver/bronze in badminton is like a gold for me...
    shibier
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    @sparta I had the same thing going on in my mind. After Siana's defeat everyone thought World Championship was over for us. But Sindhu peaked out of nowhere
    munna219777
    ;namewtheld  & sparta 

Short players struggle against P.V.Sindhu...This is mostly true for short chinese players..... Sindhu used to use her height for smashes and short players usually struggle against her... Earlier in World championship (both in 2013 & 2014) , she won against Wang Shixian (height 5 6) & now she is not part of Rio Olympics as her ranking is 6 or 7 & only top 2 players is allowed for Olympics from each country.

May be she has advantage over Tai Tzu-ying and can route to Quarter finals... But same is not true with Wang Yihan ( QF opponent ). She is 2nd seeded & her height is 5 10... On top of it, she already won Silver medal in Olympics, now she is in top form and very consistent Chinese player.. She had enough experience and can handle pressure very well when compared to Sindhu.... 

I might be sounding pessimistic.... but that's the reality... 

Hope she wins a medal... and I wish her all the best.... With this difficult draw, expecting medal from Sindhu is too much ask for her...

It will be good if Saina stays in Rio and provide game tips to Sindhu... help in game practice... winning medal in Badminton is important to generate interest among budding athletes/players..
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Nagendra,

I can't control the outcome.I just share what I see.

Like Saina,Jitu,Sania/Bopanna etc have crumbled under pressure,its for everyone to see.This does not take away their past achievements. When we have praised their achievements so we can certainly criticise them for their lack of mental toughness.I am criticising because they were no where close to there best.Winning and Loosing is a part of Sports but atleast your fighting spirit should be visible.They have buckled so let it be.Why are we trying to hide it.

munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    I am criticising,that does not mean I will not watch them in future or will burn their posters or will hate on them.I have not insulted them.
    They have Choked big time,which is for everyone to see,so why are we hiding it.

At times,parents criticise us that does not mean they hate us.
    munna219777
    ;Bad ....

My comments are not intended for you alone.... chill man :) ....  It is for all including munna219777 , namewtheld  , sam , Domnic  &  thebeautifulgame  ...

We have every right to praise or criticize based on their performance.

But it doesn't mean we need to use foul language or blast someone with blaming one party/federation alone during tough times...

Everyone is equally culprit to be in this situation in sports including myself... I'm no exception... everyone... sports administrations, state/central government, schools/colleges,parents, including kids..

Change should begin from us, we always think about top positions/posts but not about sports...

Just please tell me.. how many of you who already had kids are willing to send their kids to excel in sports and take it as a profession....
    munna219777
    ;Bad & IFN guys...

I will share all details once we win a medal in Rio Olympics... Just looking for right time to start with..... until then I will be enjoying your comments :)
  • @Bad  @Nagendra  Compile details, analysis and write a blog on IFN. It will reach a bigger readership than just IFN members.
    NagendraBadreddevil87
    sure sanvedjadhav ... nice idea... but I'm not sure if admins will allow article on Olympics in IFN blog... 
  • That is upto Somesh to decide