India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    First of all,really a great win for Sindhu. Really ,well played.She dominated the match and was much the better player.In the 2nd set she went from 11-10 to 21-10 winning 10 points consecutively.Wow!!!

With this Result,She has proved again that she is a big match player and big Tournament player.She is all set and ready for Khel Ratna award and Pullela for next level of awards.Pullela and Dipa's Coach really deserve next level of awards respectively.

Regarding Chinese Domination, it is fading big time.Badminton has already been a disappointment for them with Possible Gold Medal Chance in just Men's Doubles and Men's Singles.No Gold for them in Women's Category.

However,biggest ever setback which they will face is No Gold Medal for them In Artistic Gymnastics.This will hurt them real badly.Both Men and Women didn't win a Gold.This Will hurt them.

munna219777
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Didn't I say the Sindhu will rock? She always does good when Nehwal doesn't perform :P
    Nagendrasanvedjadhav
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Narshing yadav  cleared by wada to participate in rio 2016. he  will face france Zelimkhan Khadjiev tommorow at 6.40 pm in first round bout
    Nagendrasanvedjadhavmunna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Narsingh cleared WADA.Will represent India at Rio.
    Nagendrasanvedjadhavmunna219777
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    ;thebeautifulgame ...

We need to consider Michelle Li (Canada) as well.. She is 20th ranked player . On her day, can defeat any top 10 player...
    thebeautifulgame
  • Happy for Narsingh that he didn't face a career ending ban, but he must be mentally drained from so much unprecedented drama. It will be better to not expect big things from him at this juncture. He is human after all. Fingers crossed though.

But I have good hopes from Yogeshwar.

Cmon India 
    Nagendramunna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I agree that Narsingh's situation is far from ideal.He is like a "Cornered Tiger now."In these situation people either Capitulate Tamely or Outperform themselves.There is hardly a mid way.Lets see what happens.H ope for the best.
    munna219777
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    I feel something not right in our olympics qualification mainly  in athletics,  . How can ones performance degrade in matter of few months. Take the case of Ranjith Maheswari, I read it somewhere that he has set the national record of 17.30 mtrs in 2015 and when it comes to olympics where performance matters most he jumped a distance of 16.13 !! I cant digest it. Same is the case for long jumper Ankit, Dyuthi, Tintu, srabani nanda, performance has decreased marginally  when it comes to olympics. 
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    edited August 2016
    There are unconfirmed various sources which says many athletes used some banned techniques like Drugs to raise their performance in domestic tournament and even federation knows about it .. it is just to show that Athletics is improving in India which is not ...

@shibier
    shibierNagendra