India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    In my opinion narshing sports Carrier  has been closed. Hope the ban get reduced to 2 year . He will able to compete in to No Olympics :p
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6771 Points
    edited August 2016
    Apart from Sindhu & Aditi Ashok , only Wrestlers Sandeep & Yogeshwar left in individual competitions.... all the best for them.... 

Hope they do well . both should win medals and any color (Podium Finish) is fine for me...
    munna219777
    Women's Badminton final :

Gold Medal match : Sindhu vs Carolina Marin

Carolina Marin is top ranked player.... Most consistent Women's single player in 2015 and she won World Championship, Malaysian Open & All England Open in 2015.. 

Along with Sindhu matches, I'm watching Carolina matches, she is very good & deserved to be in finals along with Sindhu.... Very tough to beat her as both play similar style of play along with following similar strategy for winning points in tough/deuce situations ...

Definitely, it will be treat for us to watch the matches with superb smashes.. On top of it, Left & Right (handed) opponents...

Only positive for us is, Sindhu is very flexible, can handle smashes/cut-shorts very well when compared to Carolina

• samsam 16526 Points
    I'm not following golf. Does Aditi have any chance of a medal?
    ;sam

Aditi after rounds lying at 8 th position along with 5 other participants... 

She has chance to win medal... but competition is tough ... 2 more rounds left... Along with Aditi, 15-20 other participants also have chance to win a medal..
    Rio Medal count:

US once again reached 100 medal mark with 35 gold medals

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Narshing may miss Tokyo Olympics too. If ban is not reviewed :'(

https://sportscafe.in/articles/wrestling/2016/aug/19/olympic-dreams-over-
    narsingh-yadav-banned-for-4-years-as-cas-overturns-nada-s-decision?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=indiainrio
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Nagendra,I am not biased,i feel you are biased towards Narsingh.
    First of all,i never said Narsingh hasn't achieved anything,i said Sushil has achieved more.Please read correctly.It is a fact,Sushil has achieved significantly more.

Secondly,i put Narsingh as a medal contender in my expected Medal Tally.   This surely for a lamen, should have meant that I rate him as wrestler.You somehow,failed to see this statement also.

Thirdly,i said after Narsingh was caught in Doping scandal,If he doesn't have a CCTV footage also,then WADA are right to reject his claim for innocence. After, coming to know that he doesn't have a CCTV footage I said that isse toh Sushil ko bhej dete(i.e Why waste a quota if you have a decent Wrestler waiting in the ranks)

Fourthly,If Sushil started early than Narsingh, its not Sushil's fault.

Please read the statements and perspectives carefully before putting allegations on others.
    Nagendra
    ;Bad 

I'm not biased on anyone... But I feel Narsingh is deserved place in Rio as he earned quota by winning medal in World Championship whereas Sushil simply idle for past 2 years...

Again please don't compare Narsingh & Sushil.. Both are different generations... It's like comparing Sachin & Virat Kohli and saying Sachin deserves place in Indian Cricket team as he scored more runs/centuries than Kohli..

There is a difference of 6 years b/w them in which a Wrestler can compete in 2 Olympics... Both are not same age...

Sushil : 33 years old, competed in 2004 , 2008 , 2012 Olympics... Lost badly in 2004 Olympics and after that won 2 medals....

Narsingh : 27 years old, Just competed in 2012 Olympics and lost in initial stages.. similar to Sushil... How can we compare untested player just baring one Olympic appearance..

I don't wanted to comment on doping scandal... everything knows that something fussy happened...

I will not put allegations or say someone as biased without reading statements properly...

Lastly, as you said... quota is wasted...No one is happy with it.. we would have sent some replacement..
    Bad
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I always believe in present.At present, Sushil is better in terms of achievement than Narsingh and that is a fact. I am a
    Nagendra