India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Last boxing Qualification tournament for Rio starts in Baku(Azerbaijan) starts today.I am hoping that we cross the 100 athlete mark with this tournament. Currently we are 96.So,i am hoping 4-5 boxers to qualify from this event.
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    India is getting some hockey lessons from Australia tonight. Very poor display. Half time over Aus are leading 2-0.

Our players are defending the whole time. The gap between the two teams is of generations
    munna219777reddevil87
    In the last quarter India dominated Aus with 62% possession! If we could do that in the last quarter, what was stopping us from doing that earlier? Oaltmans went into the game with ultra-defensive strategy which doesn't work much in the world of hockey due to penalty corners. We also played with lower confidence, giving too much space and respect to Aus, making too many mistakes. We could have fetched a draw if our defense had supported Sreejesh well. 2 of the goals were scored off bounce. If we had an alert defense those could have been swept away
    Badmunna219777reddevil87
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    namewheld,good analysis.However your posts previous to analysis posts were slightly harsh in my opinion.The gap between the two teams has reduced.We played very even in 1st quarter (possession was 50:50) dominated them completely in the 4th quarter.
    We had extremely poor 2nd quarter and yes we looked nervous in the 2nd quarter once we conceded but with players like Harjeet,Uthappa and Mor what do you expect.Zero Awarenesses,Poor Ball Shielding Skills,Poor Ball carrying Skills,etc.Sreejesh had another HOWLER of the match.He let in 2 goals which shd have been stopped.

Overall,i feel the difference has reduced significantly and full strength Indian Team can beat any team,Even Australia.Our team is quite young and most of the players  will stick for some time and once we start to get medals we have a decent core to continue it for a long time.Also,i am now able to see the replacements coming in once our slightly older players call it a day.

I feel this team is ready to earn Medals at big international tournaments.This in my opinion will start at this year's Olympics and once we achieve a medal then sky will be the limit.

shibier
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    After perhaps 14 yrs,i am looking forward to see our full strength Hockey team in action.This team is really good.The last team which attracted me was when Deepak Thakur,Gagan ,Jugraj,Prabjot etc played.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    GLORY DAYS ARE COMING BACK.THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS THAT TEAM NEVER WON ANYTHING.NOW,I FEEL THE TIDE HAS TURNED.FINGER CROSSED FOR OLYMPICS 2016
    Harsh on Sreejesh. A goalkeeper can only do so much under the barrage of attacks. If it were any ordinary goalie this could be a tennis scoreline. He made some extraordinary saves
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    india will play australia in final.
    What a match BEL vs GBR! All good for India. We in Final. Match tomorrow past midnight at 12:30 AM
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    This is awesome. Medal of India is confirmed. Last time India won any medal in Hockey Champions Trophy was in 1982. After that, 7 times we came 4th after losing Bronze Medal Playoff.
    reddevil87