India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Why? Most of our records are achieved in International meets. It is not possible to fudge records in the way the recognised events take place.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Yes,suspicion is always there irrespective of the performance.Possibilty of using,consuming banned substance or performance enhancement substance always remain high but as we generally don't follow the Athletics we can't really tell the improvement they would perhaps been showing.

I am not going to lie,i am also slightly concerned about the possibility of usage of banned substances but till the time nothing shows up we should really celebrate and admire our improvement.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    edited June 2016
    i am on other forum where  there is a source similiar to gaffertape here ,who knows all about athletics talks about this  performance enhancement  time to time.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Performance enhancement is more common than we come to know. The developed nations create cutting edge drugs that are not yet banned. They are used and phased out as and when the banned list is updated. Sharapova is just tip of the tip of the iceberg.
    munna219777BrainFallINDIANagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    I'm following Indian sports/athletics for past few years.. we r improving in senior and junior level..

in 5-10 years time, we will dominate atleast Asian level competitions along with China and Kazakhstan.. there is significant improvement in Athletics,Badminton,Cycling,Weight lifting.. But there might be a chance of losing gold medal to Bahrain and Qatar due to known reasons.. we cannot blame anyone here..

Nations looking for representation & glory.. :)
    Athletics looking for representation, glory & money..  :) :)
    munna219777reddevil87
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    When I said,we don't follow Athletics,i meant day in and day out.The improvement upto now could, be seen at international level(but it was a 2 yr cycle) but now it is more regular now.I am of the the opinion that it's just not Athletics only,we are showing improvement in almost every Sport except for football.I am going to go far and even say,that we will have a genuine chance if winning an Athletics Medal at 2020 Olympics.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @Bad I agree with your point except that we are showing improvement in every sport except for Football.

1) We have seen decline in Weightlifting. You remember we were at olympic and Asian Games medal level with Kunjarani Devi and Karnam Malleswari ( 2000 Olympics medalist). Once those two retired, and especially now, we are struggling for medals in Weightlifting.
    2) Womens Boxing is picking up but Mens Boxing is seeing decline now.
    3) In Davis Cup Tennis, we are not the force we used to be. Soon Sania Mirza will retire also.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    Hey Hemath .. My response is not meant for you ... I just said my opinion .. I always like your in-depth knowledge along with pros and cons
    karenesudhakar2050
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Nagendra,sure bro,i understand.Thank you so much.
    Nagendra