India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/sports/leander-paes-gets-olympic-ticket-paired-with-rohan-bopanna/articleshow/52701536.cms

Khanna Lobby of All India Tennis Association made sure that Leander Paes is going to the Olympics. but Sania Mirza will be partnering with Rohan Bopanna.
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    Well Rohan has 2 potential medal chances, so does Sania.
    Leander has 1 and plays in his 7th Olympics.
    Prarthna Thombare is the luckiest to get to play in Olympics as Sania's doubles partner

Win win situation for everyone except Saketh Myneni. 

With the current fiasco that is going on, mixed doubles is the only bet for a realistic medal chance for us
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Leander plays well in mixed doubles. he has  recently won French open.stupid decision by federation. Leander should get opportunity on both category. & about rankings. Leander has played less tournaments compared to rohan 
    munna219777
    They should have let Bopanna partner with Saketh Myneni. Mirza should have taken Leander.
    Bopanna and Leander are not even in talking terms-they will not reach far.
    I see zero medal possibility now.
    karenesudhakar2050
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    India beats Britain 2-1. Goes to the top of the table. Curious what happens between Aus and Korea next. Koreans have surprised us by beating Belgium in their first game. Belgium drew Germany 4-4, after leading 4-2, much like India
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Excellent decision by the Tennis Federation in my opinion. 
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Paes and Sania's combined rankings aren't good enough to be able to fall within the Olympics specification.This is what Aita(Tennis Federation) has said. So,if this is correct then it is an excellent decision by the Federation.
    munna219777sanvedjadhavreddevil87
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Guys,some very promising news is coming in.Earlier,I spoke highly of our Athletics improvement and also spoke quite highly of our relay team's possiblility of qualifying for Rio and possibly doing well at Rioas well,is turning out to be a reality.

Today,our women's 4*400m team ran 3:30:16 sec.This improves our average time ranking to 12th place whereas top 16 qualify.Thus,i feel with this time we have confirmed our place at the Olympics in 4*400m Women's Category.

Also,our Men's 4*400 m relay team today created a New National Record of 3:02:17 sec bettering the previous record of 3:02:62 sec.

Now,in my opinion this shd definitely put our Men's team within the top 16 teams of the world but I don't have any official news as of now,its just my observation after analyzing the data and trends.

It might be because of average of two best timings is taken and this is only one race time.So,we need to run minimum one more race to get ourself registered. So,what I am saying is Men's team will need one more race and if they achieve this kind of timing again they will most likely qualify.

In my opinion they can run consistently around this time and possibly better this record and thereby qualify for Rio.

munna219777reddevil87namewtheldsanvedjadhav
    @Bad This 4 x 400 Men's Relay Record was unbroken since 1998. Great to see this finally achieved.
    Talking about Athletics, 2016 has been a great year for India as far as Records are concerned.
    There are still few events with Records set in 1970s. Men's 800 meter  record is of Sriram Singh set in 1976. Marathon, 3000 meter Steeplechase Men's Records are also unbroken for so many years.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i am suspicious of all our athletics records for some reasons

reddevil87