India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    ;sam ...

brother.... these news agencies do predictions based on some algorithms or theories which is bull s**t ...

plz don't go by that number... we never expected 6 medals in Olympics and achieved it ... 

The level/performance of our participants improved a lot... I have a feeling that we will be get more 6 medals.. however, cannot guarantee on the color of medal... 

we should be fine as long as we are on podium..... atleast 1 gold medal is good enough to held our heads high with total 7-8 Olympics medals,,
    Badreddevil87shibiermunna219777samiam
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Narsingh Yadav has been cleared of Doping charges. NADA panel gave their verdict that he was victim of sabotage and the intake was unintentional. Lets see that if he will still be allowed to go to Rio Olympics?
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/narsingh-yadav-given-clean-chit-from-doping-charges-to-take-part-in-olympics/article8928757.ece#comments

Sushil Kumar tweet

बहुत ख़ुशी की बात है l मेरा सपोर्ट पहले भी था आज भी है और कल भी रहेगा l go win for me and the country #NarsinghYadav

BadnamewtheldsamNagendrakartik91deepureddevil87
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Finally,one more medal possibility.
    munna219777
    edited August 2016
    Parents of Narsingh Yadav today. So much struggle and twists in the story. Hopefully he will be able to go to Olympics.

thebeautifulgameNagendranamewtheldsamshibierreddevil87
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Only if he passes Wada's reinstatement test
    munna219777kartik91reddevil87
    So Wada will take another Test? or will they contest in the Court?
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Hi guys,continuing will the Olympics buildup,today we'll discuss Hockey.
    We definitely have an outside chance of a medal but two things are bothering me:-

1)S.K Uthappa
    2)Only one Goal keeper in the squad.

Our team is good and has been been playing good Hockey recently but I am not sure about the consistency.

Question)Can we win a medal?
    Ans)Yes.

Question)Will be win a medal?
    Answer)I am not sure.

So,i would not predict anything in Hockey(Let's see what happens because how you perform on that day(match day) matters.

Our,first target should be to avoid Australia in the Quarter Final.As,Australia is likely to finish 1st in their Group ,so we should not finish 4th in our group as 4th faces 1st,Rest anything can happen.

So,just to summarise I am not predicting a medal not cancelling it.So,9 medals with 2 Golds is what I have predicted.

On 4th we shall discuss Athletics and 5th the remaining sports.6th onwards we shall see where we stand and experience this Bonanza.
    munna219777namewtheldkartik91reddevil87
    edited August 2016
    We have best chance of winning Hockey Medal since 2000. Not only Australia, we need to avoid Belgium also. I have lost count of the number of times India has lost to Belgium in last 4-5 years in international tournaments. It is a bogey team for us.
    I like S K Uthappa but it is just my personal opinion. He is chosen for his physicality and speed.  Having only 1 Goalkeeper is very very silly.
    From Group B, India, Netherlands, Germany and Argentina will qualify. From Group A, Great Britain, New Zealand, Australia and Belgium will make the draw. So India need to defeat Netherlands or Germany to finish in Top 2 of the Group and then avoid Australia and Belgium in the draw who in my opinion will form the top two teams of Group A.
    India teams need to play above their potential and back to their strength-spectacular Field Goals and Penalty Corners. Ramandeep Singh, Nikkin Thimmaih, Rupinder Pal singh are the star players.

Again a big thanks to Modi Government in not coming into pressure, media allegations and firmly supporting the players. I am not any Bhakt but Credit should be given where it is due-in this case to politicians. Narsingh Yadav got a boost when PM Office stepped in. Both Punjab Government and Haryana Government did well in protecting Sardara Singh from all those absurd allegations.
    Nagendra7neginamewtheldkartik91reddevil87
    So Olympics events will be broadcast Live in India on various star sports channels? or is it also on DD Sports?