India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    'Intruder' who may have spiked Narsingh’s food identified . Very bad to hear this.. First Sushil Kumar saga and then this doping claims.... Why will a Wrestler dope just before Olympics.. something fussy happened..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/rio-2016-olympics/news/wrestling/Intruder-who-may-have-spiked-Narsinghs-food-identified/articleshow/53406017.cms?
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I was waiting for the Draw (Badminton) to be announced before sharing my view. Saina shd have an easy passage till Quarter final.In Quarters she is likely to face Li Xuerui(Gold Medal winner at 2012 Olympics) and if she moves on to Semi-finals she is likely to face Carolina Marin.In my opinion,its a challenging draw but "in order to be the best you have to beat the best".With form and big match temperament,Saina can overcome these opponents.

Sindhu and Srikanth as stated by Nagendra should reach the Round of 16(knockout stage) ,from there they can win but will have to face some really tough opponent's.

In Doubles ,Jwala and Ashwini may qualify from the group but not much is expected thereafter even if they qualify from the group.
    karenesudhakar2050Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Regarding Wrestling.This is the shittiest Federation I have come across in my life. No muscle,no sense,No Pride nothing.     Weak people.Now also,they won't send Sushil,just Wow!!!!!!We had two world class wrestlers,initially I was hoping for potentially Gold for Sushil,then it was Potentially Medal with Narsingh ,now first round exit with Rana.

According to the stories,how easy it is to make somebody from fail a dope test.If you yourself are a wrestler ,you just enter the facility(the Wrestling center) ask for Narsingh's Room keys in his absence, spike the food and leave the room.This is the security,this shitty So called Wrestling chief is providing.

Sports where Federations are strong,in Tennis the forced Rohan to play with Leander even though Rohan was not interested.No body did a shit,everybidy was quiet.

Shooting Federation,replacing Sanjeev Rajputs quota for someone else as Sanjeev was out if form.No issues were created.

Now Wrestling,two world class wrestlers and who are we sending,Praveen Rana.Big disgrace.

Nagendra
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    So,i am predicting potentially 1 medal in Badminton for Saina(not a sure medal) and cancelling 1 medal in Wrestling which I had predicted for Narsingh.

With this I have predicted 8 medals in 6 sports.We shall discuss Gymnastics tomorrow(28th) so feel free to contribute till tomorrow evening.
    ;Bad 

As you think, Parveen Rana is not a disgrace.... He won good number of medals in Asia and outside Asia as well..

He did well in Pro Wrestling League as well and lost against Cuban Wrestler....

However, as you said now we cannot expect medal in 74 kg Male category....Narasingh is top player and he is training a lot from couple of months for Olympics... I still stand with 3 medals from Wrestling.... Women 48kg (Vinesh Phogat) has equal chances of getting medal for us... She is rock solid...
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited July 2016
    Nagendra,maybe I was not able to communicate my opinion properly.I was not referring to Pravin Rana as a disgrace, i was referring to  Wrestling Federation as a big Disgrace.Its not Rana's fault.The Federation despite having 2 World Class wrestlers created an unnecessary feud as they didn't communicate well and let the whole situation buildup.They showed no Muscle,No Sense, No understanding of the situation.In my opinion Rana has absolutely no chance of winning us a medal.Now atleast, they shd send Sushil.

Also,I feel Sandeep Tomar(57kg) has a better chance of a medal then Rana(74kg).It has to be Sushil for me in 74kg.
    Nagendra
    Sandeep Tomar(57kg) is definite medal prospect... he improved heaps and bounds after Pro Wrestling League...
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points

But seriously, what the hell is going on---rumours of two more members of the athletics squad having tested positive
    http://www.telegraphindia.com/1160728/jsp/sports/story_99218.jsp#.V5mZmEt97IU
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
     People who planted dope in other athletes to frame them should be punished to make an example. Nobody has any right to destroy career of sportspersons. Jealousy is unbeleivable!!! If I do not go to Rio Olympics, I will make sure that you will also not go??? Indian sports scene has stooped to new lows.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    Not just Indian sports, it has percolated to all sections of society. I cannot claim to have seen the education sector inside out, but from what I have seen in my short career this petty politics goes on all the time. And to think that the word 'educate' comes from the Latin word 'educere'---meaning 'leading out' or 'broadening'.
    But we should remember that before they are proved innocent we should not exculpate them from the taint--and assume that they have been the victims of conspiracies.
    munna219777