India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited August 2016
    Jitu Rai came 8th -last in the Finals. Mens 10 m Air Pistol. Disappointing performance by him.

Gold -Vietnam
    Silver- Brazil
    Bronze-China
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    SANEVJADHAV  THIS IS VERSION OF LEANDER PAES

I am disappointed and feel sad by the baseless suggestions in a section of the media and especially @diggy which accuse me of not informing the tennis team about my scheduled arrival in Rio. There is also talk of me refusing to share a room with my doubles partner Rohan, which is false and intended to unsettle our preparations for the competition. I am staying in the Games Village which was the plan all along. Hope this clarifies and puts an end to all the fabricated stories and allows me and the rest of the Indian tennis contingent to concentrate on doing our best for the nation.

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all my colleagues in the Indian contingent the very best for this Rio Olympics 

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    sanevjadhav the match is lost because of rohan bopana he lost  3 services games in the match &  he is also not interested to play with paes. paes give his 100%  in the match
    edited August 2016
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    What a final it was !! The 10 m air pistol that is. Last shot deciding it. Hoang of Vietnam was leading all along.. Wu from Brazil slowly but steadily erased the deficit and lead by .2 points before the final shot. Hoang needed 10.3 to win it and he shot 10.7 to win the gold!
    munna219777Nagendra
  • I stand by what i said. Leander Paes is a very selfish man. No doubt he has brought glory to the nation , but he plays dirty politics.

Bhupati,Bopanna,Sania, Devvarman, Yuki, Saketh, Prakash Amritraj etc have all voiced his attitude problem many times. So all of them combined are lying and Paes is the only saint?

Doubles tennis is team game and chemistry is utmost important. By not practicing with your partner , how are you gonna enhance it? And about Bopanna dropping serve, it will happen when you dont have coordination with your partner and cannot anticipate your own partners movement and game. It always plays on the back of your mind when you are serving.

With Bryan bros pulling out, I had expected atleast an outside bronze from the duo and now I am highly disappointed.
    munna219777
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    so this bringing  back everyone  to earth
    Nagendramunna219777goalkeeparsamiam
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6767 Points
    Disappointing day for us , medal in 10 m by Jitu Rai would have boosted all participants and Indian fans ....
    munna219777
    Soumyajit Ghosh lost 1-4 in Table Tennis 1st Round to Thai player Padasak Tanviriyavechakul.

Remaining events for India in the day are Table Tennis match of Achanta Sharath Kamal, Tennis Doubles of Sania/Thombre and Weightlifting of Chanu. Lets see.
    Our day started so well with Rowing Qualification of Bhokanlal.
    edited August 2016

August 7th Schedule for India

Date

Time
    Sport
    Event
    Athletes
    Aug 7

17:30
    Shooting
    Women's 10m air pistol Qualifiers
    Heena Sidhu
    Aug 7
    18:00
    Shooting
    Men's Trap Qualifiers
    Kynan Chenai, Manavjit Singh Sandhu
    Aug 7
    18:15
    Gymnastics
    Women's uneven bars, beam, vault, floor exercise, individual all-round (Qualification 1)
    Dipa Karmakar
    Aug 7
    18:45
    Archery
    Women's Team Round of 16 (India v Colombia)
    Laxmirani Majhi, Bombayla Devi, Deepika Kumari
    Aug 7
    19:30
    Field Hockey
    Women's Group B (India v Japan)
    Women's Hockey Team

Nagendrareddevil87