India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    lets hope we get a medal
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Guys,starting from today,i feel next 4-5 are very very important for us.These days can shape our campaign,i.e passage of some of our less fancied medals rounds goes through these next 4-5 days.Shooting competition, Archery, Boxing,Hockey, Gymnastics,Tennis,Badminton will shape our campaign.So,these next 4-5 days are very important for us.

Today is a big day,50m Pistol event can perhaps be the catalyst as to final position at these games.A Gold will wash away all the sorrows of our near misses.We can still redeem our Campaign if we start today otherwise it will become more and more difficult to recover from our near misses.

Hopefully,Jitu(Aaj Jitange).Fingers crossed, prayers done,Nervousness starts.All the best .
    munna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Bombayla Devi moves to next round by winning over Baldauff Laurence of Austria. 
    Nice comeback from her after the setback in first set. She was very consistent with 9s and 10s from 2nd to last set.
    Jitu Rai fails to qualify for the finals. Real heartbreak!! Was expecting him to qualify till the last. 
    Domnic
  • Bombalya Devi doing well. She was much better than Deepika and Rani in the team event, and is carrying her form in singles
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Jitu Rai had a shocker of a last round.He scored 88/100 and missed the final by 2 points.Had he just managed to score 90/100 which is very very average score not even a good score was required ,he would have qualified.I don't know what to say,maybe we should as a country just chill back and just try to enjoy the games.No hopes,nothing.I am really pissed off and disappointed.Shooting has really failed us at crucial times.
    AshishKaulmunna219777
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited August 2016
    @Bad I told you before, you are too optimistic. Optimism hurts with Indian sports teams. Enjoy the sport without too much expectations. I have got that experience from following Indian football team since a long time. 
    munna219777samiamashindia
    Frankly speaking, in last few Olympics the medal contenders from India have falter at crucial times. It was the non-medal contenders that brought glory to the country.  Unfortunately, this seems to be the case again. But this time even, non-medal contenders are faltering.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Bhai,(Sanved ) 94,95 score kar rahe ho 5 rounds mein,90 chahiye and you score 88.Isme mera optimism kya karega?Trust me,90 Itna ghatiya score mana jata hai aur he didn't score even that,toh meri galti thodi hai.I was correct in hoping but it's his fault he didn't score even a 90,toh bhai ghar baith jao.Seriously,as much as I like to cheer and give benefit of doubt of our Athletes but this is uncalled for.

Not scoring 90 is like,you require 4 points in Archery to win and you don't score it.
    samiam
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    hope we dont come emptyhanded