India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Deepika Kumari lost to Tan Ya Ting of Chinese Taipei. Great display by Taiwanese archer.
    Earlier Jwala Gutta / Ashwini Ponappa also lost to japanese pair in Womens Doubles Badminton.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3668 Points

So what are the prospects now. Seems like everyone hell bound on loosing.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    yep,it seems it  will come out of no one we are expecting to win
    next up is bombayla devi at 7:26
  • Sanjeev BiswasSanjeev Biswas 849 Points
    edited August 2016
    I had absolutely no hopes from Jwala Gutta/Ashwini Ponappa..I still feel we have a realistic chance of winning 2-3 (Wrestling, Badminton and maybe Boxing) medals..thats it!! 
    All i want rightnow is 1 medal and if its from hockey then much better.
    Sanjeev BiswasNagendra
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Bombayla Devi lost to Mexican Archer. She is out of the competition.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6769 Points
    Archery : Bombayla Devi lost.. 
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    edited August 2016
    Bhaiyon,ho kya raha hai yaar.Bombayla done.

I have felt one thing,as wrong as it may sound but we lack composure and ability at crucial junctures.

Another humiliating display and what bothers me is our attitude in general which pisses me off.

Bombayala for example had a horrendous outing today,scoring 26,26,27 and 23 out of 30. 23 is quite shit score at the end.You are perhaps two rounds away from earning a medal ,you are representing your country at Olympics(Biggest stage)and after loosing she is laughing,smiling and is more inclined in shaking hands with her opponent as if she has come to her home for Dinner.This attitude is sickening,irritating and too casual in my opinion.I mean if you do well and still get defeated then you can perhaps console yourself.Like Deepika's opponent scored 28,29,30 so she couldn't have done much more

She scored 23,how could you be happy after that is beyond my imagination.This is what is pathetic.Humble backgrounds and all is fine but this spirit is bullshit.I am actually quite hurt as an Indian today with attitude shown by her.
    shibierDomnicmunna219777Carbon_14
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6769 Points
    ;Bad ..

common man... she has done well in earlier rounds.. even in team event... 

scoring 23 is fine.... She started 3rd round very well.. but could not able to handle pressure... 

To be precise, Most of the Indians cannot handle pressure... it will change only if they are participating in big events constantly... on top of that, competitions in India are not tough enough and pressure will be less...

Regarding smiling, what can she do more after losing.... not everyone will cry or feel sad after losing....  This has happened with Deepika as well in London Olympics... She is smiling after losing...

I understood that you are hurt and upset.... same here :) ... To cover this up, I'm watching swimming highlights... nothing to loose for us in Swimming :wink: 
    Bad