Online Chatting

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10080 Points
    Fairly informative. But the situation here is I is think more complex than NBA- ABA, where it was a question of one franchisee league merging with another. Here we are having brick-and-mortar clubs and cloud-based clubs, a set which have to abide by AFC rules and another which don't. Moreover, in the US, all the clubs had a say, here the clubs don't have any power.

Here it is more like Superman fighting Mayweather ...
    goalkeeparmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    To be honest, the NBA-ABA was like Superman/Mayweather at the end. And I don't think it will exactly be like the NBA/ABA at all, the only team I can see move on from the I-League is Bengaluru FC.

Who knows what will happen but something will. Whether there is some "compensation" thrown around or "mergers" in the form of partnerships.

The next 5-7 years for Indian football club wise will be very interesting and hopefully it won't be bad like many people believe it will be. I believe it will be complicated with a lot of things happening which shall greatly annoy and anger Indian football fans but in the end, we will come out stronger.
    Deb_Ban
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    @archak @Deb_Ban : It's not a personal attack. If anyone was offended by it, then I'd like to apologize. I just want to emphasize on the fact that @deepakc is getting carried away. The way he puts forward his comments is way too unrealistic. We can't forget that its a game in the end. A very good GAME indeed. Games are meant to promote health and provide entertainment. Of course, Passion should be there. Without passion, the world would be DUD. But! 

That whether I said "Are you getting paid for this" is a figure of speech. I didn't mean it. I put it there because I was wondering, this person is so much motivated about football, he must be working full time on Indian football. Like its his career.You get the drift?
    Passion is good. Don't let it interfere with your daily lives.
    Deb_Banarchak
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    I ain't offended mate... a forum is place to discuss various viewpoints. i just argued on the point which i disagreed. Cheers mate.
    coolgagan
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    He is Anglo Indian. Indians of British origin like Stuart Binny.  Most of them have left India and settled in UK, Australia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Indian

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29745 Points
    but was he an Indian in his playing career?
    edited July 2015
    No he moved to UK as a kid with his family and got UK Passport so he was British Citizen when he was playing. His father was working in railways and immigrated to UK in 1952.
    goalkeepar
    He has Indian lookon face.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/indianfootballlive/permalink/983543864999515/

This is hilarious. You want conflict of interest? Check the list of officials of the AIFF and check who runs the I-League clubs, that is also conflict of interest.

And this is not supporting ISL, both are doing the same but we focus just on one but leave out the other as if they've been perfect.
    archak