Online Chatting

Comments

• BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    Was curious about Bangladeshi scouting system. Sony Norde isn't a fluke. You can see Wedson Anselme, Lee Tuck or Joel Tshibamba. They are better than most of our foreigners. And more importantly they won't cost more than half a crore; atleast for the first season. They were actually able to sign Fikru. And what we got was a big fat Mendy :/

munna219777Deb_Bankarenesudhakar2050reddevil87sanvedjadhav
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    when you dont have money ,you use creative ways to find players and may do some actual scouting
    BrainFallINDIABabertokarenesudhakar2050
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    They recognised Odafa talent from Mohammedan Sporting while Calcutta clubs failed to recognise him. Odafa went to Muktijodhaa Club in 2004-5 and became goal machine with 34 goals there. Only from there Churchill Brothers signed him.
    Deb_BanBaberto
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    I had seen both Sony and Wesson in that year's IFA Shield  and I must say Wedson  impressed me more.
    munna219777Baberto
  • BabertoBaberto 633 Points
    I guess we have become over-dependent on a few self-proclaimed agents 
    BrainFallINDIA
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    This morning, a colleague at office graciously shared his lunch with me. The colleague, a true-blue Bangal, pure-as-his-hilsas, insisted that the 'Shutki' -- dried fish curry -- is what's made the South East Asian countries the tigers they are; and would be the key to our success too. I accepted the political statement, curious also to find out a way of survival in these turbulent times of ISL and I-league, clubs on the chopping block, and merger of various types.

So my daily roti-sabzi gave way to steamed rice and loitta-shutki (the most pungent variety). The shutki, as we know, is admired by the Bangals and detested by rest of the world for the same reason: its aroma (or the stink, as per the detractors). Needless to say, the office air-conditioning system distributed the aroma all over quickly and others started inquiring whether we are having a picnic inside office. People not enamoured by South East Asian variety of cuisine (!) started to make hostile protests. Even I looked same as Debjit Majumder looked like after gulping down those Lajong goals.

The Director (admin) had to intervene with a room freshener and some cold stare. Now the Shutki brigade were incensed with the insult meted out out to their identity -- the shutki aroma. I was caught between the lines and cursed from both the sides.

My hope for a 'East Bagan' or a 'Mohun Bengal' in the revised ISL was tossed out of the window (the AC duct, to be precise). I realized that east is east and west is west, and the two shall never meet. Got back my bearings after a mug of strong black coffee.

I think, I will have to go for the Paella and Tortilla next time ... maybe that will be fatafati ...

(with apologies to the connoisseurs of dried fish curries)
    munna219777reddevil87namewtheldfootydipthebeautifulgamesamiam
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
    dried fish paro is the best Aldo love the Bombay docks.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Very interesting topic. Somebody should do research on correlation between Fish Loving Demographics and Football popularity.  In India, states like West Bengal, Goa, Kerala love Fish and they also love their Football.
    England loves "Fish & Chips" and they love their Football. Japan is one of the most Fish crazy nation and Football is immensely popular in Japan.
    Portugal, Spain, Italy like their Fish.

Barring Germany and Brazil, most Footballing nations are decent Fish consuming countries.

Nice Chart here

https://www.statsmonkey.com/bar/20598-list-of-countries-by-fish-consumption-per-capita.php

Deb_Ban
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6774 Points
    edited May 2016
    ;;munna219777

there are many exceptions... like Germany and Brazil,..

Reg Japan.. from when they started loving football.. may be from 1980's...

Coming to India...  Fish Loving Demographics .. only WB, Goa and Kerala... ??  what about Orissa (Odisha) and coastal andhra ( mainly east and west godavari )...

Sorry brother.. I couldn't find any relation b/w Fish Loving Demographics and Football popularity
    munna219777