Online Chatting

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30226 Points
    Dipendu Biswas (TMC) win from Basirhat South.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Sreesanth-BJP also lost from Trivandrum. Laxmi Ratan Shukla won for Trinamool.
    Why cant Baichung stand for Elections from his home state of Sikkim?

After the victory of the Communists (LDF) in Kerala, it will be very interesting to see how ISL and Kerala Blasters will go along with the new Government??
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Kerala Governments don't usually interfere nor give importance to sports.  Nothing will change. 

Sreesanth loss was expected especially against a sitting minister.
    munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    edited May 2016
    This was from IMG academy from US days ,@gaffertape any one ? seeing Milan in it , 

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30226 Points
    Guys, have any one of you watched the film 'Pele: Birth of a Legend'? I was recently reading a review of the film by Subrata Bhattacharya and Dipendu Biswas. One interesting incident that Dipendu narrates is how the film shows the importance of the family, in this case, Pele's father, in the development of a player. it has been shown that Pele's father used to work as a sweeper in one of Brazil's remoter regions. He used to take Pele with him there. There was a mango-grove in the area. His father used to train him there by using mangoes. Since ripe mangoes tend to burst forth if they are hit hard, his father used to teach him how to receive the mango softly and other such technicalities. Pele used to practice day after day using such innovative methods. As they say, genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety nine per cent perspiration. Another incident which I remember having read in a book was that Pele used to receive innumerable letters from fans. He had become so famous that the letters only contained the inscription 'Pele, Brazil'. Pele said that he had received thousands of letters, but was never as moved as the letter that he received from a blind boy in Columbia. It said,' “I have not been able to see any of the hundreds of thousands of the goals scored by you, but after I heard that you had scored 999 goals, I regularly prayed to God to enable you to score the 1000th goal.” Pele said that he wept like a child after reading that letter. Reminds me of J.B. Priestly's observation: "To think of football as merely 22 hirelings kicking a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and cat-gut, Hamlet so much ink and paper. It is conflict and art." Thanks to @munna219777 for directing my attention to an article which contained this quote.

Deb_Bannamewtheldsouravindiamunna219777goalkeeparreddevil87footydipkarenesudhakar2050kartik91Baberto
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Punjab is supplier of sports gears to not only India, but the world. All reputed brands (particularly cricket; football and rugby to some extent) outsource their merchandise from small scale manufacturers in Ludhiana. Hockey equipment need high tech manufacturing, so don't know.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited May 2016
    @reddevil87 ; Jalandhar in Punjab and Sialkot in Pakistan Punjab are two big center of Sports Goods in world. Not only Football but other sports also - export oriented. 60% of Sports goods are manufactured in Sialkot and about 40% in Jalandhar.  British Government made Sialkot in Pakistan as hub for Sports equipments all over their Empire. Availability of Kashmir Willow, Mulberry woods as well as cane and skilled labour made Sialkot as hub as it is close to Kashmir. After Partition of India and Pakistan in 1947, Hindu traders settled in Jalandhar and set up Sports Goods industry here. Usually export ratio was 60 :40 between Sialkot and Jalandhar.
    reddevil87thebeautifulgamekartik91
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I did knew about Punjab being exporter for sports goods especially tennis rackets, bats, badminton rackets, etc. In short anything related to wood. But related to football was a surprise, I was under impression that it would have widely produced in Kerala where rubber is grown in large quantity and also being football crazy state.

I was wrong completely. 
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Come to Punjab specially Jalandhar  , You will find all houses having Football Shape water tank at   top :P 
    munna219777