Online Chatting

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Nice pics  Anand Bazaar Patrika

Do they have any online library of old newspapers? We can save some memorable pics of Football from there.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    The enthusiasm over desi football those days were too much ... tumultuous days in one word. Though the rot had started around the same time or half a decade earlier, we were too young to pay heed to those thoughts, we just went with the maddening flow of emotions, totally intoxicated ...

Looking back, and somewhat chastened, I am sure the blame lies squarely on the football administrators of those days. They killed our dreams. They did not modernize the sport so that their cosy positions doesn't get disturbed. The Gulf countries reformed around the same time, and moved miles apart (Japan & Korea started even later). We have remained in the same quagmire, thanks to our administrators ... PP and the lot are just continuing the trend.
    BrainFallINDIAreddevil87munna219777souravindia
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Sala in the 70s we were playing 70 min matches in CFL and were still competitive at Asian level. 
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Football is more competitive now and is more widespread then in 1960s or 1970s. The member nations of FIFA were far less in those decades.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/organisation/52/00/10/fs-120_01a_mas.pdf

Interesting Document that lists down the years in which respective countries had their associations affiliated with FIFA. So many new countries, after getting independence from their colonial masters, started their Football program as independent nations. So many new Asian countries joined in 1960s and 1970s. While they progressed, we went downhill.
    We were late in starting National Football League. It should have been done in 1970s, not in 1990s.

Deb_Bansouravindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Those 70 minute matches were one of the reasons of the downfall later.
    munna219777souravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30226 Points
    @Deb_Ban: That was a terrific read! Wonderful, wonderful piece of writing. Exactly captures the infectious enthusiasm of those days. Also provides a wealth of detail regarding the socio-political background of those times. According to me, the best article after P.K. Bannerjee's columns on his coaching experiences, right from the 70s to the 90s.  If we could compile these two and have them translated here on this forum, it would be great. However, I could not find Pk's columns in the Ananda Plus archives today. But I don't want to do the translation this time around as I have been a little busy with my transfer and as you can see, the Moti Nandi story is languishing. I want to finish that first and I don't want to monopolise the translations here. I am sure many of the Bengali members can do it.

munna219777Deb_Ban
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points
    yes what could have been and what we lost. I have read so many stories of those years, really unbelievable enthusiasm in those days. A single ticket would probably have caused you 2 days in front of the counter.
    reddevil87
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS!

One of our regular members @Ashlesh who had to be banned after being particularly nasty, wishes to resume his membership. Since all the members have equal stake in this community, it would be appropriate to take a vote. 

Please Press LIKE on this post if you want him back.
    Press DISLIKE if you don't want him back.

You may state your opinion on the thread but remember that only your reaction to this post will count.

In my opinion, 7 months is a long cooling off time (he was banned in Dec 2015) and he is an ardent Indian football fan. As it is, Indian Football fan community is small. Let us get him in. So my vote is LIKE. Please let us know yours
    munna219777samArsenalFan700sanvedjadhavjees_joseBrainFallINDIAarchakreddevil87footydipkartik91and 10 others.
  • samsam 16539 Points
    The problem for me is that I want to press like twice to cast two yes votes but instead pressing twice makes my like vote disappear. Jokes apart !! Definitely get him back.