Online Chatting

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30226 Points

Adios, maestro! We will never forget you. Kudos to the guy who could do this as a small boy:

As a small boy, Messi was a fussy eater. His favorite dish has always been the milanesa a la napolitana — a breaded beef cutlet with tomato sauce and melted cheese — that his mother cooked for him several days a week, but otherwise it could be hard to get him to eat. One of his early youth coaches in Rosario, a man named Carlos Marconi, discovered that Messi also enjoyed alfajores, a kind of chocolate cookie. According to an old TV interview with Marconi, they struck a deal: a cookie for each goal. The trouble was that Messi routinely scored four or five goals a game for his club, Newell’s Old Boys, and so, to motivate him, Marconi had to make it harder. Messi was tiny at the time, the best player on the field with the ball at his feet but shorter than everybody else by a long shot. To push him, Marconi announced a new regime: two alfajores for every goal Messi scored with his head. The next game, Messi dribbled through the entire opposing team, including the goalkeeper, then stopped at the goal line to flick the ball up into the air with his foot so that he could head it into the empty net. When he found Marconi’s eye in the stands, Messi smiled and held up two fingers---http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/08/magazine/the-burden-of-being-messi.html?referer=.

Sometimes, you can score 55 goals, the highest for your country and yet be accused for not playing your heart out for the national team....football can sometimes be very cruel!
    namewtheld
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I believe he will be persuaded back. Sad that there are morons who can't spend a day without comparing CR and Messi. Bloody grow up and enjoy the football that they both deliver.
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    It always happens. People like to compare club achievements with country. Same used to happen in India during cricket world cup.  :|
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Any body here , plays jrpg games and watch anime ?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I watch anime... which ones?
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    All types , like Major ( baseball ) , Haikyuu ( volleyball ) , Eyeshield 21 ( american football ) , One punch man , Yu Gi Oh , One Piece and series with cute girls ^_^
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6774 Points
    ;IFN friends...

Ashlesh  is a passionate fan , nice person and he contributed a lot to IFN... We need to welcome him back..

He got upset after Goa losing ISL final and reacted in a bad manner... for that he already banned for good amount of time...

;namewtheld ...
    "Indian Football fan community is small. Let us get him in..... "

We should not welcome every-one by considering our community strength (whether small or big )... Even one guy with bad mouth can ruin any community and it disturbs the harmony in a group... These words are not intended to Ashlesh ... It is for all IFN guys and I'm no exception...  If he repeats foul language again..  then we can think to Ban him permanently... 

My Vote is Yes.... We need to get him back to IFN...
    Yu Gi Oh was my shit when I was younger. Just watched both DeathNote and Fullmetal Alchamist Brotherhood this semester.
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6774 Points
    Friends...

Anyone staying in California bay area ?? I'm going to attend Liverpool vs Milan match in Levis Stadium on July 30th...
    I might fly over for the Arsenal vs MLS All-Stars game?

BTW, you ever been to any San Jose games?