Online Chatting

Comments

• samsam 16533 Points
    EastBengalPride Weather is terrible in Gangtok now. Very very bad. No sun for almost 2 months. Landslides, roadblocks. 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6774 Points
    ;namewtheld ...

Please don't try to escape... u will be the team captain for east zone & Ashlesh the initiator will take care of west zone....

match commissioner should be given to senior most person..... gaffertape is retired and not eligible... as far as I know it should be Deb_Ban or thebeautifulgame  .... I will take care of coaching (Virtual coach for East Zone)  and remaining spot can be taken by munna219777  or ArsenalFan700 

Jokes apart...... as you said identifying city wise IFN users or regulars is damn difficult....but if you guys are interested, match for IFN is possible... Based on strength , we can divide teams into East Zone & West Zone.Best place to play :  Kolkata & you guys can plan during U 17 FIFA world cup.... 

1. fun with meet & greet ( if possible, IFN guys can plan for a local trip :) )
    2. match b/w East Zone vs West Zone
    3. support our budding footballers during U 17 FIFA world cup
    thebeautifulgamekarenesudhakar2050
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30225 Points
    Match commissioner would just suit me fine, though I am not the senior most...have left playing football after college...I guess I would be feted by all of you...how about arranging a treat (hilsa is a must) for me?...I would have the easiest job...nothing much to do/report...unless of course @ArsenalFan700 and @deepakc are in opposite teams ( no offence guys, only joking) :D
    NagendraDeb_Bannamewtheldreddevil87kartik91
  • samsam 16533 Points
    What job will I get? Posting match updates on twitter, FB and IFN forum?   :D
    namewtheld
    ;thebeautifulgame ..

hilsa... good choice.... this is famous in our area as well... but we call it with different name, Pulasa... Even though the fish is same, people say taste is different when compared to Bengal due to below reasons...
    1. Hilsa caught in Godavari ( muddy water) vs Hooghly river: This is the main reason
    2. Even the preparation style is different

few other details if you are not aware...
    1. hilsa ( Ilish ) is a sea fish.. but it travels to Godavari during the month of July & August to lay eggs and get caught..
    2. In godavari areas, during peak season, cost goes upto 6000 Rs/Kg.. In few cases... upto 8,000 as well..
    3. There is some saying in Telugu.Need to eat Pulasa atleast once in a life-time..and it is few people's last wish as well :)
    munna219777
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Heard in Goa also people eat it. 
    @sam: the match statistician ;)  
    Nagendra
  • samsam 16533 Points
    This post will suit me best. I am really interested for the analyst job @7negi posted. But current circumstances won't allow me to go for that. 
    Great info, @Nagendra...the quality of hilsa in Bengal though is not what it was earlier...prices are also skyrocketing 
    Nagendra
    ;sam ..

It might be true.... I know even this fish is available in Tamilnadu...

This fish migrates from Australia,Newzealand,Tanzania,Kenya to Bangladesh,India,Pakistan,Iran,Iraq & South East nations...

As per wiki, in India, it is especially famous in West BengalOdishaTripuraAssamAndhra Pradesh , Gujarat & Mizoram