Online Chatting

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29686 Points
    @footydip: No problems, friend....I have found out that the majority of football-lovers in West Bengal are supporters of Brazil...Argentina comes a close second. The equation was skewed even more in favour of Brazil before but the 1986 World Cup changed a lot of things...certainly to me...it was love at first sight after I saw a certain Diego Maradona weaving magic with his wand of a left foot...I will never forget the final...Jose Luis Brown and Valdano's goals...then the superb fightback by the Germans and the equalizers by Rummennige and Voller...and finally Maradona's superb pass to Burruchaga which resulted in the deciding goal...a nail-biting finish!!

In this context, have you read Dibyendu Palit's short story 'Brazil'?...I read it some 10 years ago and remember being completely being blown away by it...it has been translated into English but I can't find it online...it is the story of a 57 year old die-hard Brazil supporter who simply refuses to believe that his team can lose...the story takes place on the eve of 21 June,1986 when Brazil was supposed to meet France in the QFs...the story ends in tragedy as Brazil loses the game in the penalty shoot-out and Kinkor Dutta's world collapses...I guess that the reason behind our fascination with Brazil and Argentina is that these countries, like us, are developing countries and they seek a bulwark against the turbulent social, political and economic conditions in their exploits on the football field...here is a brief summary of the story in this article by Indrajit Hazra 
    (http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/roeIuf6dN9d4ihzeBbsAIJ/World-Cup-2014-Who-do-you-love.html)

In Dibyendu Palit’s short story Brazil, 57-year-old East Bengal-supporting Kinkor Dutta is a much-harried office-goer who has only one thing to look forward to: Brazil beating France in the quarter-final match at the 1986 Mexico World Cup. Sitting in Kolkata, his support for Brazil is as manic as it is tragic. “It’s the country of Pelé, Garrincha, Tostão, Jorginho—they don’t know how to lose,” he tells his son, who corrects him: “They couldn’t do anything in the last two World Cups.” When a colleague asks Kinkor why he’s so fanatical about his team, he mutters, “I don’t know why but it feels like Brazil is my team, as if they are like us...”

On the morning of 21 June 1986, after offering prayers at the Kalighat temple, on his way to work, Kinkor asks himself why indeed he loves Brazil. “He found no answer. Then he thought, ‘Why do I love Shomu (his son)?’” After finding no answer to this question either, his eyes well up with tears. The story ends in tragedy, with Brazil losing in a penalty shoot-out. Kinkor’s firm belief that Brazil would win that night had been his strongest protection against a hostile world.

munna219777footydip
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    edited October 2017
    Yeah thanks of giving us that insight @thebeautifulgame ;    I always used to wonder why Calcutta loves Brazil, Argentina so much? Surely there was no colonial or cultural connection with these countries. About Argentina and Maradona, I can say is that maybe 1986 World Cup on television was like the first time people in India saw all the matches live on Colour television plus Maradona magic. Brazil because of Pele exploits even before tv era.
  • Ashkaul5Ashkaul5 Jammu849 Points
    A sells 50 articles for 480 each , after giving 12.5% discount he earns 5% profit . If no discount is given find profit .

None of these

I got 4000 by taking 1st statement as Marked price but non of these when taken as Selling price .

HELP !!!
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29686 Points
    @Ashkaul5: Self-help is the best help! :D B)  

Ashkaul5Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If Messi is 56 and still hasn't won the World Cup, Argentina will include him in the squad anyway but just not play him just so he can win a World Cup lol
    munna219777deepuAshkaul5kartik91
    Anyone having hair fall ?
    Use onion juice .
    Garlic paste in patches with no hair .
    Or onion garlic juice in 8:2 ratio .

And see the magic .

Be careful with garlic paste as it will burn your head  ;)
    irahrail
    My head is burning 
    deepumunna219777
    Avoid garlic paste  :s
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    @Ashkaul5 your answer is correct. 4000 is answer.
    Ashkaul5
    Ah! Crap , paper was tough  :'( :(