Online Chatting

Comments

• Legendary commentator Jasdev Singh has died today. he was 87 years old. He covered 9 Olympic Games for All India Radio and Doordarshan. He used to cover Opening closing ceremoneis as well as Hockey matches. He also covered 48 Republic Day Parades for Doordarshan.

Salute to  glorious service for the nation.

deepak dedhakartik91deepuCarbon_14
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    Democracy My Lord !

Every 1000 Deva years , heaven games are hosted for the selection of new lord of heaven . In the past games , massive destruction took place in the realms of mortals and immortals . 

Fearing another era of chaos the current lord comes up with the new method for the selection of next lord . 

Democracy My Lord ! Dive into the lives of deities and their encounter with the new concept of rulership and governance developed by the mortals which they call Democracy  ;)

That's a new plot I came up with this morning during dream .

namewtheldmunna219777kartik91deepu
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited September 2018
    Nice. Although the word 'lord' throes up a couple of players' names in my mind. This forum has spoilt it for me.
    AshishKaulmunna219777spartakartik91archakmohammed_87hassanashindia
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Democracy My Lord Robin !

Every 1000 Deva years , heaven games are hosted for the selection of new lord of heaven . In the past games , massive destruction took place in the realms of mortals and immortals . 

Fearing another era of chaos the current lord Abhishek Yadav comes up with the new method for the selection of next lord Sumeet Passi

Democracy My Lord ! Dive into the lives of deities and their encounter with the new concept of rulership and governance developed by the mortals which they call Democracy   

That's a new plot I came up with this morning during dream .
    AshishKaulDeb_Banashindiamunna219777Carbon_14goalkeepar[Deleted User]
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/australia-votes-for-sweeping-reforms-lowy-regime-falls-5382662/

Australia votes for sweeping reforms, Steven Lowy regime falls

Australian soccer faces its biggest upheaval in 15 years after sweeping governance reforms were endorsed on Tuesday, marking the end of the Lowy family's long reign over the domestic game.

Steven Lowy had fought bitterly against the FIFA-backed reforms, saying they would rob the board of its independence and transfer resources from the grassroots to the more powerful professional clubs. (Representational Image) 

Australian soccer faces its biggest upheaval in 15 years after sweeping governance reforms were endorsed on Tuesday, marking the end of the Lowy family’s long reign over the domestic game. Football Federation Australia’s Congress voted in favour of changes to the body’s constitution at an Extraordinary General Meeting, ending a two-year power struggle that had threatened the country’s FIFA membership and its Asian Cup title defence.

The FFA board led by chairman Steven Lowy had fought bitterly against the FIFA-backed reforms, saying they would rob the board of its independence and transfer resources from the grassroots to the more powerful professional clubs.

However, the reforms were passed 8-2, paving the way for an expanded Congress to vote in new board directors. Lowy, who succeeded his billionaire father Frank as chairman three years ago, confirmed that he would not seek re-election at an annual general meeting next month and said he held grave fears for the game’s future in Australia.

“I hope for the best for the game clearly, I certainly fear for the worst,” he told reporters at a media conference in Sydney. “Our game today has crossed a red line from a corporate governance model for football to one where stakeholders with vested interests will compete for power and resources as opposed to these being decided by independent members of a board.”

The reforms, hammered out by a working group of FFA, FIFA and Asian Football Confederation delegates months ago, will expand the Congress from its current 10 members to 29, offering more representation to clubs, players and women.

FIFA THREAT

“We are relieved that this issue has been resolved and a unified decision has been made,” players’ union boss John Didulica said in a statement. A failure to pass the reforms could have paved the way for FIFA to take over administration of Australian soccer and suspend the nation from international tournaments, including the Asian Cup.

The Congress also passed a resolution to set up a process for a new governance model for domestic competition, including the A-League, which has been under FFA control since its rebirth out of the ashes of the defunct National Soccer League in 2005. That could mean a new executive separate from the FFA to run the competition, which would be welcomed by clubs who have long complained of being shut out of its administration by the board.

The vote effectively ends the Lowys’ 15-year involvement in Australian football since shopping centre tycoon Frank took over the faction-riddled and bankrupt code in 2003 after being approached by former Prime Minister John Howard.

Running effectively a dictatorship but supported by the federal government, Frank Lowy could claim a number of successes and a few notable failures before handing the reins to his son in 2015. Under his watch, Australia’s men qualified for their first World Cup in 32 years at the 2006 tournament in Germany and have reached all three finals since.

Lowy’s successful bid to have Australia join the Asian confederation in 2006 proved a boost for the nation’s competitiveness, while the 10-team A-League has grown steadily despite financial crises that led to a number of clubs folding.

Australia’s ill-fated bid for the 2022 World Cup won by Qatar was a huge black eye for the Lowy administration, however, yielding only a single vote from FIFA’s executive committee despite squandering millions in public funds on consultants.

samDeb_Banashindia
    https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/football/suresh-kumar-dhruv-full-back-from-back-of-beyond-5385405/

Suresh Kumar Dhruv: Full-back from back of beyond

From Chhattisgarh’s Gattakal village in the secluded forest belt comes Indian football’s rising star Dhruv 

Suresh Kumar Dhruv

Suresh Kumar Dhruv takes a long pause, before muttering, “sher bohot aate the…aur bhaloo. Din mein, raat ko … reh nahi paate the wahan (There were a lot of tigers… and bears. Be it during the day, or in the night. It got impossible to stay there).

Dhruv, 18, is talking about the start of his journey that has now brought him to Agra as a part of the Indian team that finished fifth in the just-concluded 10-nation Asian School Football Championship. It’s India’s best performance in 22 years, according to Indian team’s coach Ratnadeep Paul. Dhruv, a defender, stood out with his performances, especially in the 1-0 win over China.

But this isn’t your routine football story. This is a tale of a boy born and raised in the dense, unknown jungles of Chhattisgarh, cut-off from any human contact. A boy who left his village because of tiger menace and grew up in an ashram. A boy who didn’t know how to converse. A boy, who despite these hurdles, is now perhaps a step away from playing for one of India’s most iconic football clubs, Mohun Bagan. “In jungle, there was nothing. Just wild life and us,” he says, speaking in staccatos. “I was taken to the ashram 12 years ago. There I found football, and my life changed.” He isn’t exaggerating.

It’s tough to locate Dhruv’s village on Chattisgarh’s revenue map because it doesn’t exist. Gattakal is one of several tiny villages in Abujhmarh, one of India’s biggest forest areas but also the most isolated and inaccessible. Translated literally, Abujhmarh means ‘unknown hills’ (in local dialect, Abujh means ‘unknown’ while marh translates to hill).

There’s no presence of civic administration and there are no roads that connect the place to the rest of the state. It’s been like this since the British era and things have only worsened since the 1990s, when it became a Maoist hub. A place so dangerous, according to Paul, that even police does not go there. Dhruv was born here to a family of small-time farmers. Around his village, there’s nothing but barren land interspersed with dense trees. The Maoist grip is such on the region that there’s hardly any confrontation between them and the government anymore. At the heart of the area under siege, there’s an uneasy calm. The villagers, instead, face threat of a different kind.

Gattakal is a settlement of roughly 10-12 families, who’ve been living in these jungles for several decades, the geography leaving them vulnerable to attacks from wild animals. Dhruv’s memory of his childhood isn’t pleasant. “All I remember is trying to stay safe from tigers,” Dhruv, now a class 12 student, says. “They attacked and killed several people who lived around us.” It got impossible to live there, so in 2006, half of the families decided to abandon the village. Because there’s no road connectivity, the only way to get out of the place was by foot. It wasn’t possible for everyone, especially the village elders. “But the level of desperation was such that they just left some food and water for the elders who couldn’t walk and left the place. None of them have returned since,” says Swami Krishna Amrit Anand, the principal of Ramakrishna Mission High School that runs five centres in this region.

Dhruv and his family travelled several kilometers on feet to a village named Kasawahi, which is closer to Narainpur district. They had no clothes to wear or food to eat. And with no means to support his family in a new village, Dhruv’s father Surendra admitted him to the Ramakrishna Mission School immediately after reaching Kasawahi. “Every year, we take hundreds of children from the tribal areas. Dhruv came to us in 2006 and has lived here ever since,” Anand says.

Brush with civilization

It was Dhruv’s first brush with civilization outside the jungles. “He hadn’t worn proper clothes ever, so the first thing we taught him was how to dress himself. Then, we showed him how to use a tooth brush, toilet seat… it took almost two-three months to teach him all this,” Anand says. “After that, we taught him Hindi because he could understand and speak just Madia language.” Dhruv’s initiation to football was in 2008 during a physical education period. There were a few stray footballs lying on the ground, Dhruv casually kicked around in the beginning but gradually started to take the game seriously. “I don’t know why I like football. But it just feels liberating to be on the field,” Dhruv, a fan of Real Madrid and Portugal defender Pepe, says.

Within years, he became a part of his school team and has been the captain for the last couple of years. He led his school to multiple state titles and, in 2017, was adjudged as the best player in the Subroto Cup – an all-India inter-school tournament. That put him on the radar of the scouts who were selecting players for the national team for the Asian School Championship. “He has strong core and a calm head, which is important for a defender. He can read the game well, and is a strong tackler. He’s still raw in some areas, but will only get better,” says Paul, the coach of Indian team. On Tuesday, Dhruv was felicitated by his school on his return from the Championship. The boy who didn’t have clothes to wear was paraded around in a blazer. In a few months, he’ll have to leave the ashram, as per their policy that allows them to stay on campus only till class 12. According to Anand, officials from Mohun Bagan had enquired for Dhruv a few months ago. “They were impressed and had said they’d sign him after the Asian School Championship,” he says.

But Dhruv isn’t concerned about his next destination. “I’ve come from the jungles. Any place I stay will be better than that,” he says. “I don’t care where I go as long as I get to play football.”

Carbon_14ashindiakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    FIFA bans Sierre Leone due to Governmental interference and removal of Association President in that country.

A very Interesting Read!

https://www.telegraphindia.com/opinion/how-should-we-react-to-linguistic-relics-of-a-past-that-was-never-ours/cid/1671059?ref=top-stories_home-template

How should we react to linguistic relics of a past that was never ours?

Racism is built into the English language. Can Asians who are deeply involved with it escape the perils of its embrace?

munna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Guys please promote IFN amongst your friends and on other groups

There was a problem for registration which has been verified

http://forum.indianfootballnetwork.com/entry/register?Target=discussions
    munna219777ashindianamewtheld