Online Chatting

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29625 Points
    Mixed outing for footballers in 2019 elections

Prasun Banerjee won the Howrah constituency as a TMC candidate; Kalyan Chaubey lost from the Krishnanagar constituency as a BJP candidate; Baichung Bhutia's party Hamro Sikkim failed to make any impact in the elections
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Rajyawardhan Singh Rathore (Shooting) & Union Sports Minister wins his election from Jaipur Outer on BJP Ticket.
    Gautam Gambhir (Cricket) wins from Delhi constituency on BJP ticket.
    edited May 2019
    Other sportspersons--Krishna Punia, Kirti Azad, Vijender Singh all lost on Congress tickets.
    munna219777
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    What happened? Which sport ?

Congratulations to Kiren Rijiju on becoming Sports Minister of India.

Great to see someone from North East (Sports loving region) of India to take this post.
    Kiren Rijiju has a Sporting background. He represented Arunachal Pradesh in National Games.
    I hope that he will ensure that next National Games are organised as soon as possible. 4 years have been wasted.
    All the Best.
    thebeautifulgameNagendraDeb_BanCarbon_14kartik91sparta
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Dedly nipha virus confirmed again in Kerala.
    Eid Mubarak to all IFN friends.

deepuDeb_Ban

Jurgen Klopp: ‘Life is a present. We have to deal carefully with it and have fun with it’

Ahead of the Champions League final Jonathan Liew met the Liverpool manager to talk football, family and finding happiness

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-champions-league-final-news-jurgen-klopp-interview-jonathan-liew-a8934346.html

An excellent interview of Jurgen Klopp; some excerpts

Why do you love football?

"Ha, ha, ha! Wow, OK. Why do I love football?

[Long pause.]

"I loved it my entire life. Or, since I started thinking. And I loved it from the first day because I could do it with my friends, together. It’s… using the skills of your friends to be the best team you can be. I loved that. We all benefit from each other. And the game itself: running, shooting, being dirty. That’s how I fell in love with the game."

There’s something about the collective that appeals to you?

"My father was a tennis teacher, and he saw more talent in the tennis with me. But there was no chance. I was not that kid who wanted to be alone for hours and hours: forehand, forehand, forehand, forehand. Football, I could have played 12 hours a day if someone gave me the chance."

Do you think football is still a force for good in the world?

"A positive influence? One hundred per cent. A dressing room in football is the perfect example of how all different cultures work together. Because they have all the same target: winning a game. What I like in football is that you can bring together so many people - not only in the stadium - for 95 minutes with exactly the same emotion, with the same focus, with the energy. You celebrate together, you suffer together. And both are nicer. Yes, it is still a force for good. But for different reasons, it’s… a bit in danger. Let me say it like this."

Why do you think football is in danger?

"It’s in danger because of organisation. Because it’s constantly developing and creating more and more competitions, more and more games. We should not forget that players need training, they need games, but they need rest as well. We play the final on the 1 June. And it’s not finished, because then the Nations League games come up, and the African Cup of Nations. Last year we started pre-season around the 2 July. Twelve months of football. Constant."

Why do you think you form such close emotional bonds with the clubs that you manage?

"I don’t know. But we have, as we know, only one life. So make the best of it. Sometimes you can do it by yourself, but sometimes you can’t. And the rest? I understand that football is part of the entertaining side of life. So if we bore people constantly, why should they come? So we have to try to give them some excitement. Not only silverware. That’s obviously the main target. But between the start and the silverware, there must be a lot of good moments together. And we’ve had them."

You’ve always said football isn’t a matter of life and death. Does the fact that you’ve experienced actual life and death help you deal with setbacks?

"Mostly, my belief in God helped. Life is a present. We have to deal carefully with it. And have fun with it. Sometimes take care of it. And it doesn’t mean that everything goes in your direction. We are not five years old any more. If I try a thing, then I am responsible for getting it or not. If you don’t get it, try again. If it’s not important to you any more, then do something else.

"I know it will probably come up, and it’s a bit in everybody’s mind, about losing finals [Klopp has lost his last six at domestic and European level]. It’s not nice. But I cannot ignore and forget that we went there as well. It was an incredible journey. And most of the times we went there, we went in surprise rather than: 'Pff, yeah'. They expected other teams there, and we were there."

Would you agree that the journey is as important as the destination?

"Using common sense, I’d say yes. Because of course it’s important. How can you ignore that? You can use our season as an example. If you only see the 97 points, it’s not enough, second. But the season was brilliant."

Is that something your faith helps with?

"I am calm. I don’t expect that my life is perfect. My life is so much better than I ever thought it would be, so why should I now only worry about the last five per cent? That would be really silly. But: 'Pep Guardiola wins constantly, I don’t win anything.' Come on! I go home, and I have a wonderful family. I am a completely happy person. How could I be jealous of people that are more successful than myself? Or smarter than myself. Or better managers than myself, which there probably are. For me, I wouldn’t understand. I treat life like a present."

Is there a danger of being too contented? A lot of people are fuelled by competing with others. In a way, would it not help to be… a bit more jealous?

"You cannot want to win more than I want to win. Not possible. So how could the rest help me? I don’t want to be the best. It’s not my target. I want to help my team to be the best. That’s absolutely true. But being jealous doesn’t help. Never."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-champions-league-final-news-jurgen-klopp-interview-jonathan-liew-a8934346.html

Nagendrakartik91
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Results of intercontinental Cup teams:

Uzbekistan 3-0 North Korea
    Tajikistan 1-1 Afghanistan
    Iran 5-0 Syria
    haritrams24munna219777Carbon_14[Deleted User]kartik91