ISL 2014 Round 1 Match day thread

Comments

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    good luck to all team,hope we get to long lasting impacts on indian football
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Numbers will go down for sure. This is just the beginning. Currently, we are averaging about minimum 40,000 fans. 50,000 for kolkata game and 30,000 for Guwahati game. These may not be the official stats but that's the minimum crowd we have. 40,000 ain't bad. We were expecting 20,000.

About Delhi dynamos, all reports suggest that he is happy. I don't know how you are saying about he not happy. Nevertheless, about promotion I think that all this is because of not being associated with a big name. Pune was also struggling till now. But, now they are doing just fine. 
    All teams having star power have better reach. BOLLYWOOD sells in INDIA. NO matter what. 
  • considering we will have all ISL Matches telecast unlike I-League; can we have a separate ISL Videos thread??
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Lol just know friend told this.

There is so much black marketing going on....tickets bought for Rs 200/-,300/- are being sold for Rs 1000/-,Rs 1500/-...
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Then just imagine the craze and popularity of ISL !!
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points

My observations - 

Regarding practice kits and away kits of ISL teams: I really don't know all the teams have away kit or separate practice kit
    or not, but I have seen Gopal Das of United Sports played in I league with an
    Iker Cassilas jersey with RMD logo. Raju Gaykwad still plays with his own
    reebok stokies in I league instead of East Bengal's official stokies. United
    Sports played an entire I league with Adidas’ patent 3 stripes without having
    their logo and sponsorship. 

Youth and grassroots development: Too early to comment about ISL franchises, but apart from TFA no I league
    club has done anything significant so far.  

Quality of game: Seriously few I
    league games was better than last match. And when in NFL 5 foreigners were
    allowed MB had an awesome team and played passing football with Igor, Stefan
    Abarohi, Barreto, Dusit, Sami Omello. And they reached quarter final of AFC cup
    winners’ cup and eventually lost to a Korean side where Ahn Jong Huan and 3
    other South Korean international were playing. So if I league has 6 forigners
    (Not random African dudes) then the quality of football can be same or better.
    That can't be ruled out. As well as if an ISL team has proper preseason
    and their fitness level reach pro level then we can expect much better than
    these (Including first game). As the winter is coming the weather will be favourable
    for many European and we can expect a better display in coming days. 

- For speedy passing game (Which we all want
    right?) you need to have a solid midfield. Ball control, good first touch and
    vision these are essentials to play a speedy passing game. Mehtab, Pen and
    other Indian midfielders have good ball control and vision but their pace and
    the number of touches they take to release the ball let them down compared to
    Borja Fernandez & Luis Garcia. So my conclusion is if an ISL team is well
    equipped with quality foreign midfielders we can expect good pact passing game.

ashindia7negicoolgaganrudraarchakDomnicDeb_Banfootydipmunna219777goalkeeparand 1 other.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    That's obvious that an I-League team with 6 foreigners, the game quality will be better or higher because the indians are same or better. I agree and respect your opinion. But, will that very happen?? NO! So, that is what ISL does. Brings football quality never seen before in India. Indians are at the same level. But, its the europeans that we have as compared to africans in I-League. That's the difference.
    dhritiman7
  • My only wish about ISL is that it should become Official National League of India. Currently, I League is the official league and ISL is entertainment league. I want to see ISL being played as Season long league and ISL clubs playing in FED cup and AFC competitions. ISL clubs should become Indian clubs.!!