ISL 2014 Round 1 Match day thread

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9365 Points
    edited October 2014
    @Sunbha123 calm down bro, why taking it personal, its just a game. People have their opinions, dont expect everyone to be agreeing to one thing.

Obviously a coin has two sides nothing is perfect, if Chuni Goswami agrees ISL is better then Wim who has won a EURO thinks ISL has some negatives about it. So you cant really become a judge and ask everyone to support ISL.

Only time will tell, so lets wait and see what happens in future.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited October 2014
    Whoa that hurt! I know nobody gives a shit to nobody's shit but when we feel like shitting this is where we come put our shit down. And the amazing thing is we give a lot of shit to each other's shit over here.
    Bottomline is that on forum, we are free to express ourselves. It may hurt some fanboys but I have been fair in my criticism that I can say. There are faults with ISL, one doesn't need to look for it. You are right in saying that one cannot expect it to be top class with the word 'go' but at the same time when I say I have seen better I-League games, i mean it.

The quality cannot be improved overnight, may be next season there will be better players and a better pre-season and a better league. But when I am spending some time watching something that is supposedly 'birth of a footballing nation' I have every right to call a spade spade!
    ashindiaArsenalFan700Ashleshmunna219777Deb_Ban
  • Sunbha123Sunbha123 363 Points
    @ashindia sorry if I am sounding little harsh.I dont prefer to comment much.But I closely follow this thread.Sometimes its really irritating when some guys bring some irrelevant stupid topics.I am not a pro ISL or anti I-League guy.I am a normal guy who watch both and have some outrageous hope that someday India will become a footballing nation.But last 7 years what I have seen in I-League is not at all good experience for guys like us who really wants to remain optimistic regarding Indian football.So gradually we started shifting towards Foreign Leagues..but still India is in our heart..and ISL has shown us again the ray of hope that has been long lost.I can feel it when I'm in Social Media..when I'm out or chatting with my friends.Something positive is happening.Lets not try to prove this as shit as we want it to be a shit/failure..That will not be a justice to the initiative.I'm also skeptical about the future of ISl but I'm hopeful..and being positive only can bring our nation from the shit we are currently in.
    namewtheldashindiasamiamsilicon3
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    people are really taking it seriously,i think everybody agrees that the match presentation ,hype etc all good,
    others are skeptic because of past experiences,lets wait and watch for end of the league to see what lasting effects it will leave on indian football,if we get some positives i will be happy ,like infra improvements,referees improvements,marketing etc. 
    ashindia
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    bros no ugly fight please. i think we are mature enogh to handle a debate with dignity. calm down brothers
    namewtheld sorry if my comments has hurt you.Nothing personal bro.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Whether you liked the quality or not... lets be fair... it was Trevor Morgan coaching Kerala Blasters today and Ricki Herbert coaching NorthEast United... compare that to yesterday where we had a former La Liga and EPL coaches in the dugouts.
    What we really expect from this thread is some really good post match anlysis on different aspect of the match like the strategy,quality of play,the ambiance of the ground,infrastructural improvements,crowds,coaching quality etc etc.There is lots of things to discuss rather than comparing it with I-League and fighting over which one is better.We will continue to foillow and love I-League also when it starts in Jan.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Strategy: Rubbish tactics by two inept coaches.

Quality of Play: It was good, lots of moments of good football and smart intelligent play but overall lacking, especially in the final third.

Ambiance of the Ground: Mind-blastic.

Infrastrictional Improvements: I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE FANS! I can hear them but I can never see them! No lights on fans, just the pitch?

Crowds: Sounded good.

Coaching Quality: Rubbish but could be worse.
    munna219777
    I think Morgan is giving priority to those guys whom he knows well from his past coaching experience.What D James is doing then???