AFC U23 Championship 2016 Qualifiers

Comments

• PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    edited March 2015
    Ok now you blame experience, tell me who are experienced campaigners who would have turned the table around? Our main defender has been food poisoned, other better players were not selected, well a very few, then who else?

Seriously, even if we had picked the best and the injured players were fit to play, do you think we could have beaten the Syrians? All the countires are improving, they have better players, and players who can score, whereas we don't have any, or maybe theres one or two whom needs to get noticed.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited March 2015
    Never said we would have beaten Syria with a more experienced line-up but perhaps the blow would have been lighter with one.

Same with a different, better coach.
    gaffertape
    True, I just hope things get better. I too hope that our NT coach doesn't get a wrong impression and neglect youngsters after witnessing the blow away. There are enough talents but needs to get identified.
    Agree. Now we have one game left, it is pretty much certain we are out. We should stick with the unexperienced guys like Rai etc. just because.

At the end, we can focus on how we can fix this in the future. We have till 2017 now till the next qualifiers.

U19s will lead the way!
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    Our U-18/19 are still pretty good..did well against Argentines,Tottenham etc..so there is hope..we will have to wait and watch how they fare in their qualifiers..any idea when those are scheduled?
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Yep, usually October/November.
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    "@StephenConstan: Team bus caught fire on way from session !! no injuries and Bangladesh police took us back in the their vehicles, very nice of them .."
    This U23 trip just gets fucking better, doesn't it!
    Adventurous trip, I must say. Anyways, I think we have a better pool of players in the U19 category, and we should concentrate on them, provide them with some more exposures and they would be going guns blazing in the qualifiers, by the way, will it have the players who represented India U16, where we played well against Kuwait and other teams?