Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Eibar is a good decent team which has a budget less than 5m euros
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team%20news/2014/December/Club%20statement%20Frank%20Lampard

And thus why doing these European club owned teams is a rubbish idea. I support Melbourne City in the A-League and Manchester City have done nothing for us other than take David Villa away 7 games early and now New York City FC is not only given knock-off Manchester City kits as their jersey but are also made to lose their marquee man, their face of the squad, for the beginning of the season. As a New Yorker I know this will blow up in their face.

And same applies here for Atletico de Kolkata. They can get around FFP easily through this and my worry is that. Also the knock-off effect of being the lesser team. Fuck that shit.
    bida 25 Deb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    Andre Santos to join Corinthians on loan from FC Goa
    atuljg
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    what is his contract length with fc goa?
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    I have a good team supporting me now,so god willing 2015 will be huge for my career.Next club negotiations ongoing.pic.twitter.com/S1IGjkiqlv

Sandesh in twitter
    Trasnfer window already open
    Should.see which club he gets
    bida 25
    Coventry City to loan Michael Chopra from Kerala blasters
    Domnicatuljg
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    i would like to see these player as marquee player in next ISL:
    Drogba
    Gerrard
    Pirlo
    Miroslav Klose
    park ji sung
    rio ferdinand
    ryan giggs
    frank lampard

i know these all player are bit difficult to get but most of these player could come for 2-3 mnth on loan...
    ArsenalFan700
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    My wish list would be

Xavi
    Pirlo
    Henry
    David Villa
    Riquelme
    Diego Forlan
    Francesco Totti
    Miroslav Klose

One for the 8 teams!
    mohammedirshad
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited January 2015
    Suppose the ISL and I league are coexisting

Our Aim should be to participate in Qatar 2022!

We must review our National teams progress by Russia 2018 which we won't get to play.

ISL

1. The tournament should be played from Sept 1 to Dec 20.

2. There should be 10 teams, hopefully including Hyderabad and Bengaluru.

3. Stick to the 5 Indian + 5 Foreign + 1 Marquee player rule

4. No games during the FIFA match days which is important for the National team to improve rankings.

5. The teams should have an Academy running hopefully with the help of European Clubs.

6. The teams should strive to build a rectangular Football Stadiums with no athletic track in their city
    with 50000 capacity which shall be used by I league teams as well.

I League

1. The league should be played from January to May.

2. A cap of maximum 3 teams from 1 particular state with an aim to provide a pan India colour.

3. Matches to be played everyday at 4.30/7.00 PM. European Model of Weekend matches won't work in India as we work on Saturdays too.

4. Stop relegation and promote new teams/ introduce corporate franchisees like Bengaluru FC till we reach a target of 20 teams. A 20 team league is possible if we play 2 matches everyday and of course there will be enough spacing between matches as we have a 5 month window between January & May. Relegation can be started once we reach 20 teams.

5. There should be an Academy clause as well.

6. Broadcasting by Star Sports instead of Ten Sports.

7. No games during the FIFA match days.

Federation Cup

1. Stop playing it at a single venue.

2. Play the Federation Cup spacing it between the I league.

3. There should be home and away matches except perhaps for the Final.

Stop playing other tournaments like Durand Cup, Santhosh Trophy which offer little economic value and talent input to the National Team.

Team India

1. Play more friendlies on FIFA match days.

2. Stop playing in meaningless tournaments like SAFF Games, Nehru Cup and Focus on Asia Cup and the World Cup Qualifiers. If necessary, send an U-21 team to such tournaments.

3. Playing home matches in stadiums with Good Home support is important in Football. So, matches played in Kolkatta/Kochi/Goa are more likely to be won than in Delhi. The Home of the National Team should be an absolute fortress! As of now, Delhi isn't one.

Suggestions Welcome. Thank You!
    DomnicArsenalFan700goalkeeparmohammedirshadbida 25
This discussion has been closed.