Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    15 to 20 new posts but full of crap, nothing new.
    ArsenalFan700archak
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    IMG-R is askingvthe Clubs to step up their Youth development efforts.
    The token 1 day photo op which is title "Grassroots " will have to be scaled up.

Some teams like NEUFC are in the process of using these grass root acitivities to scout for the best talent in the 10 to 12 year old age groups.
    So the clubs have been asked to run festivals while also putting together centres and leagues in various areas of each franchise city..
    The central academy is under the young Champs program which they have been promoting

The Central academy will be in Mumbai
    Ashleshsamshankarmunna219777archakatuljgshibier
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    @gaffertape Is IMG-R serious about youth development? Or it is just a gimmick by them to fool AIFF and football lovers like us? And are the franchise serious about it or will try to show them on paper only?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Gaffer can correct me if I am wrong but these things cost money, probably a decent sum. So why spend if its just for a gimmick?
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I might be wrong here, but looking at the current structure I really dont believe these franchises will see any good footballer of financial benefit for atlest 7-8 years. I am not still convinced about the longevity of these franchises and thus the question. So investing such a large sum can only means promotion of the brand and hope for its return in next ISL through fans. So, I am wondering how serious will the whole setup would be in that case?
    atuljgDeb_Ban
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Having been to mumbai fc matches i can say the like of jayesh allen who are local lads attracts more support than much recognised names in national level like rafi...

So these youth setup idea eould have a positive impact in the clubs in long term definitely and would definitely be worth every penny
    gaffertapeatuljg
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The Central Academy will offer 24 full time scholarships for 4 to 5 years...
    so cost will be by the League and each Club will contribute in $$$$ & players from their catchment area
    shankar
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Youth academies will be a success if we let local lads play. And if they play the crowd will come and support. Thats always been the case no matter which sport u go. ISL is no different. A local lad finding success in his local club is guaranteed support which is equal to a marquee signing.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree... though do be ready.... once we are able to create these young local lads they might be poached abroad.
This discussion has been closed.