Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited April 2015
    @ArsenalFan700

Don't want to argue with you. It depends on your priority. Do you think ISL would provide 3-4 fresh India material in near future ? Answer is No. No ISL team will take any untried fresher in their squad. They will always opt for proven Indian players even if they are Nabis...Wadoos...Anwars.....Saumiks....Sandeeps.... But I-League teams as per AIFF guidelines have to have some 5 U-23 in their squad and need to field at least 1 (you may correct me if I am wrong) of them.
    Let us put it straight.....the purpose of ISL is to take Indian Football forward ? We all long to see India perform decently in Asian sector at least. But do you honestly believe that by playing aged Indian & Foreign stars for 3 months we are going to take Indian Football forward ? I-League is different, each team has at least 30% Under-25 in their rank who with proper scope can play for India. Debjeet Mazumdar, Avinash Ruidas, Victorino Fernandez are all products of I-League, I named just a few. There are many more. You will see all of them drafted to some or the other teams this year. After 4-5 years when AIFF finally closes I-League then where from supply would come ?

As far as the timing is concerned, Let ISL follow I-League & Fed Cup. I-League & Fed Cup should be played concurrantly from 2nd. fortnight of August till February end and ISL from 15th. March till 31st May. You can have 61 games in 10 weeks played on weekends (4 matches) and occasional mid week fixtures as they all do in Europe. Why you need to have 1 match per day ? Details can be worked out. But do we have that intention ???? If we do have intentions right, then every thing can be sorted out, other wise everything will appear impossible.
    PS:   I do expect some one to raise his voice saying Mar-Apr-May will be too hot. I agree, for ISL definitely hot but for I-League Mar-Apr-May is very very soothing.
    EastBengalPrideatuljg
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    I Agree with this AKB. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I disagree... big time. Do I believe ISL will provide new players for the India national team? Not straight away because where would they come from? The academies are not set up yet but perhaps once we get there we can see some players come up... and hopefully from a proper system they will be better than the players coming from the crummy academies we have currently. That is where the next batch will come from.

As for the timing... what the fuck! Why would STAR Sports have the ISL when the IPL starts? They would never do that.

I agree on the 1 match per game thing but I believe that if we are just patient, things will start turning out to be good. Be optimistic! 
    atuljg
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Now we can see the actual popularity of ISL.
    IMG-R or Star Sports whosoever is pulling the strings know that ISL can not compete with IPL. All the boasting of crowd invading the grounds to see ISL matches would disappear as the Football lovers would run towards IPL because mostly these are the same people who support IPL as well as ISL and no one can see 2 circus shows at the same time.
    But as ArsenalFan700 suggested let us be optimistic...something good will come out. We last won a medal in Asian Games in 1970 (if I'm not wrong), i.e. 45 years ago, so we can wait for a few more decades. Let us not pay too much attention to I-League or Federation Cup, if majority of the people and most importantly if the Ambanis or other big names want to earn by having ISL circus..let it be. We can rejoice if our National team beats Nepal or Bhutan in a thrilling contest once in a while. 

By the way, Ranji Trophy does not earn money for the BCCI but they have not scrapped or curtailed it. As a result India still produce World beaters. This is the difference in attitude and good intention with devilish intention.
    Good Luck.
    EastBengalPridemunna219777atuljg
  • GuwahatianGuwahatian 236 Points
    Why so much hate for Isl . Just take it like an entertainment show .i think I league is limited . ISL gives a lot of people hope . Now parents don't ask about its money security .. I know i know u guys will tell me a i league player gets more money that isl . Well how many people knows about it . Young generation (mostly european fans) started to follow indian football . Do u know the reason it's just because ISL . Some of friends started to make fb pages for indian football . Im an admin of a isl page . Many ask us many things about indian football. People like me follow i league just because of isl .. Yes im a newbie but this doesn't prevent me to express my views ..
    Advance sorry to everyone !
    #LongLiveISL
    samgoalkeeparatuljgDX
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    ^^ agree on that but I will also agree on what you said " entertainment show"
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The ISL is no different from say the NFL or Premier League... top-tier sports are literally that, entertainment shows.
  • samsam 16428 Points

Quizzed on the standard of the ISL and India as a whole, Garcia expounded, “Well, of course it’s not a professional (level of) football I think. They have amateur level. There are good players, you can find good players there. But the average level is medium. They don’t have the tools, and they don't have academies. They don’t have facilities to train well. They don’t have coaches to teach them from early ages - five to six years old. Most of the time they start playing football at the age of 13 or 14, because at the end you go to the street and there’s three boys playing football and hundreds playing cricket.”

“It’s very difficult. You cannot find people. But I think what they tried to do with this Indian Super League was to engage people, bring people to enjoy football and I think they did very well,” he concluded, adding that the ISL was a successful tool for promoting football, something it was conceptualized to do. 

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/136/india/2015/04/15/10780282/garcia-isl-achieved-its-goals?ICID=SP_HN_3

This discussion has been closed.