Indian Super League Season T Post-Season Thread

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    hmm agree ...but it should be in a manner so that quality will come if salary cap is too low then isl have to content with Robbie flower nuno gomes pioro kind of older players
    goalkeepar
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    IPL is there just for 2 months while ISL can extend to be an year long tournament. So footballers have the potential to be more earners than cricketers.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The current Business model isn't even remotely successful. ..if you don't have a salary cap...even a notional one...then this league will be doomed to fall like sub prime mortgages did
    archakArsenalFan700munna219777bida 25
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree. We need some sort of salary cap if we are to be successful in the long-term. Look at last season, we had guys like Mikel Silvestre who was not even a marquee being payed way to much for his 2-3 month stint.

I know we want the ISL to be a really good league but there are ways to do it with the salary cap. For example, you can set the salary cap and lower the amount of foreigners each ISL team is allowed the sign, this would allow money to be spent on only a few foreigners instead of just being spread out to a bunch of average guys.

Also, you won't ever have players dying to join the ISL for more than 20 years. We should achieve feeder league status first before thinking about it.
    archak
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    If we lower the foreigners, the quality will decline. Maybe after a few years, when the quality of indian players increase, we can think about it.
    mohammedirshad
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited January 2015
    The quality won't decrease. If you make it so that only 8 foreigners can be signed but only 6 can be on the field you would probably have a bigger chance of getting better quality foreigners than if you allowed teams to sign as many as 10-13 foreigners with only 6 on the field.

Decreasing the number from 10-13 (not even sure if that is an official restricted number but that seemed to be the average for each club) to 8 would give teams more money to spend on the 8 they can buy (which would mean better quality foreigners).

Meanwhile, the spots given up by the foreigners could be given to younger players so that they can train with good infrastructure and with better coaches. They don't have to see the field and it would not hamper the quality on the field since you can still field 6 foreigners.
    gaffertapegoalkeepararchakshankarreddevil87bida 25 munna219777
  • Delhi Dynamos Morten Skoubo and Mads Junker retires from football
    munna219777
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    ISL reached world wide... I was thinking it's just a Bullshit... But today I met couple of french guys in Singapore, they asked me did you watch isl and they said isl quality is good compare to many places. I also introduced to them I league and bfc.asked them follow up in Facebook for updates on Indian football...
    munna219777Ronny
  • sadysady 150 Points
    Same thing happened to me as well , here in London..2 of my classmates asked me about isl
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Mads Junker was good should have played in I-league for one more season could have score 10-15 goals per season.
    munna219777
This discussion has been closed.