The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    SC realises that bigger name coaches are coming to India like David Platt in ISL and better coaches than him in I-League too...

So once he loses the next 2 India games...the axe will be over his head whilst other Coaches are making hay...

Panic is set in...so he will harp on about Passport non-issue...and try to deflect on Youth Development
    reddevil87coolgaganmunna219777
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points

Almost a reunion apart from Debjit who declined SC's offer and decided to stay in club coaching ... and sorry to disappoint you I also don't recognize this man :) My guesses are Ratan Singh, Monitomba Singh
    munna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Now SC is claiming he got a temporary Rwandan passport while coaching Rwanda. As far as I know temporary passports are issued in emergency situations to those who are eligible for actual passports. Can anyone clear the confuson? 
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    What would FIFA say about this? Surely there would be repercussions or complaints from other countries about this.
    munna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points
    “I am not talking about naturalisation of the players to become an Indian citizen. All I am asking for is to give those players temporary passports when they play for India. I got a temporary passport in Rwanda. I had it when I went for matches outside Rwanda. Once the match was over, they took it away,” revealed Constantine, speaking to the media at a reception hosted by the British High Commission here....................................................Constantine cannot be accused of not possessing a long-term vision either, as he has been involved in setting up a modern scouting system for the national side. If it bears fruit, the country will no longer have to look abroad for professionals who can hold their own on the international stage.

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    NATIONAL TEAM BECOMING BIG JOKE ?

"We are having a camp in Pune from August 24 before the Iran match on September 8. We will allow national team players in Chennaiyin FC and Atletico de Kolkata to play the ISL opening match on October 3. Then, they will join national team camp on October 5 for two away matches in October (against Turkmenistan on October 8 and against Oman on October 13)," said the English coach.
    gopiajeesh
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Constantine is becoming a joke...contradiction after contradiction....
    yes let's follow Rwanda and issue temporary passports....! X_X
    munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    all the yap about passports and shit...that sends a wrong message to all those playing under him.

bottomline when SC keeps harping about PIO's being the ones which will help in results.. it sends a message to the players that they arent good enough. SC would dump a guy who has played well in I-league for the entire year only for SC preferring a foriegn based player?

PIO or not.. there is no reason yet why they were outplayed by Nepal in the second leg and beaten by frickin Guam!! these matches didnt need a discussion on PIO's the last time we beat these countries confortably.

what next Bhutan?
    archakgaffertapemunna219777
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    edited July 2015
    Anyone else notice when he arrived how he was signing praises for ISL and now as gone a bit critical about it? is sacking around the corner that led to his sudden change of tune?
    munna219777fox
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I hope SC is sacked. Except for in-form first team selection every other things proposed or done by SC has been shit. I have never seen a coach having so many contradiction after contradiction in successive press conferences. 
    munna219777