The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Screw Stephen. Iske bass ki kuch nahi. He is trying to deflect us from the fact that he's not worth the money by focussing on issues like PIO, temporary passport and even allegedly saying that these players are not good enough. This is not how you build morale. Team is in shambles. Confidence is zero. Bonding is zero. 
    All thanks to Baichung Bhutia and company. These guys are losing respect every other day.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited July 2015
    I dont understand why Constantine required Rwanda passport? Coach can be of any country. Rwanda gave Temporary passport to Foreigner?
    He is giving confusing signals as @gaffertape rightly pointed to take discussion away from performance.
    FIFA has clearly said in their rulebook that they do not recognise any ID (such as PIO,OCI card etc.) and they strictly want passport for each player if they are to represent any country. Thats why he has changed colours now and talk about temporary passsport is also a fraud.
    India embassy abroad issue temporary passport only in emergency travel situation if you have lost your original passport.
    Constantine is also meddling in I-league. Quality of Foreigners is poor. Cut Foreigners to two???
    He do not like Romeo?? okay but what is the quality of Sanjiban Ghosh then whom he selected??
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    The Romeo one was a pure and simple dig at Get Pro guys
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Against Romeo and Gurpreet who have gone abroad to improve....but now wants more Indian players to go abroad... which he will facilitate ! !
    munna219777archakgoalkeeparAshleshreddevil87atuljg
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Constantine and Brendon Rodgers have a similarity both are deluded
    munna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Constatine is not that bad a coach (I agree he is not great) but the things he has been saying should be taken up by a Technical Director, which the AIFF is refusing to appoint (Scott doesn't have the statutre but he can be kept onboard to report to the TD). Lets accept that no matter who the coach, India is not about to start competing with the top 10 in Asia in the next decade. We have to 1st decide as a nation whether we want football to become the 2nd biggest entertainment event in the country after IPL (in that case increase the ISL window and teams, most likely to happen considering #IMG owns Indian football and they have balance sheet to manage ) and continue to be irrelevant in FIFA events or, we want to seriously improve the domestic calender and the quality of the domestic competition and aim to become top 2 in SEA within the next decade and top 5 in Asia in the next 2 decades (I have started dreaming here, as #IMG has no interest in the 2nd option, its not going to happen). Till then we will keep having National coaches trying to find short term measures to keep their very well paid jobs and we will keep debating in #IFN, if India would beat Nepal/Bangladesh in the next match.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Just putting it out there... you do know that if India is to one day improve and make it, we need to make domestic football an entertainment event. I understand people not liking the ISL but we need to understand that no matter what, if India is to ever make it, let alone in a World Cup, we would have had to give up to corporates eventually... this was inevitable.

Also, I fucking hate the mentality of "Entertainment and continue to be irrelevant in FIFA". The Premier League is an entertainment venture. MLS is one. J. League is one. Bundesliga, for all the football hipsters jumping on their shitty bandwagon of "running football the right way" is an entertainment venture!

To be successful in sport these days you have to make it entertaining and pure football does not exactly do it these days. Incentives are needed.
    gaffertapeAshleshfox
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 more power to you and #IMG. I hope #ISL overtakes IPL very soon. Lets get Rajiv Shukla onboard #ISL as #HIL has done, few better than him if our goal is to overcome IPL in the corporate radar. Although our very own Poonam Pandey Patel comes close. Lets Football!!