The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    @gaffertape expected a bit more in the article.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @archak it's not easy to write anonymous and not reveal sources...

What more you want in next article ?
    archakmunna219777
    i understand that... keeping your sources alive should be one of the main priorities for such an article. i was expecting more on the edge nexus with some additional proof as this being an article. ah well this has got the fans talking about it.... so cheers!
    gaffertapereddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That would have made the article drag on to be honest. For someone who is trying to conceal his sources or remain behind-the-scenes he should just reveal the information that would make the biggest impact among readers and that is what was done here. 
    munna219777gaffertape
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @archak

It is difficult to write such articles without revealing yourself or your sources, a bit more and it becomes very easy to track you. I think @gaffertape has been very smart and calculative for many years without compromising his sources. With a relatively small circle in Indian football, that is not always possible.

However, there are some issues I had been thinking about as well. We know @gaffertape being a genuine source, but not many others do. In that scenario, a bit of pointers towards why someone should take this seriously can be useful (only if that does not compromise the sources). It might be useful for others to write up stuff as well, I mean you do not have to be an insider to see something is wrong when you see Sushil Singh, Govin Singh, Passi, Sanjhban, Valeriano rebello etc making Indian team under different regimes, indicating the rot is not specific to a coach but there are more deep rooted corruption.
    I also hope that random bloggers do not start writing controversial articles with 'anonymous' IDs!  
    dhritiman7spartareddevil87munna219777archak
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Anyways, back to the article, there is an unpleasant silence about it. Joe Morrison is perhaps the only high profile guy to comment on it. None of the accused people have rubbished the article, I guess, in an effort to reduce publicizing the article. Would have liked few others here to share it on their pages.

Anyways, I can confirm that it has perturbed some people. Someone close to AIFF tried to sweet-talk me to get @gaffertape's identity.

Will like to see more of such stuff!
    Ronnygopiajeeshfootydipspartaarchakreddevil87DXmunna219777silicon3
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    loving it. @gaffertape beware. detectives are behind you. :p
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Well said @rudra
    It is sad that those who harp about their love for Indian Football failed to initiate any debate on this issue. We Indian fans are lethargic to the core, we just like pretend to be experts.
    Deb_Banfootydipsouravindiarudra
    @rudra da the second paragraph exactly captures my sentiments. As @joefooty said on twitter, it had information that only a person being an insider can know of.
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    Brilliant article by gaffertape. Excuses made by coaches and their toadies are definitely part of the reason why we lag behind. Someone I know associated with Chelsea, and has outstanding contacts and insights in European football warned me about Constantine, but I was hoping a more simplistic approach would reach out to the players.