The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Coaching or Assisting at the National team level is about a lot more..

Scouting platform to ensure the best players get in .... all foreign coaches need that help...  in this regard  BFC , RWFC and SLFC have done the best , and most consistent job in unearthing talent across India, whilst SCdeGoa and Salgaocar always pick up the best Goan talents..

Mumbai FC & Pune FC are more miss than hit with their haphazard scouting... 

Secondly the Assistant needs knowledge of Asian football, su unless he/she has been involved in coaching in Asia or AFC competitions , then their knowledge will be limited ( e.g. Derrick Pereira signing a left back Claude Gnapka to play as striker ! )
    They need to have a good knowledge of Asian players & conditions  , be accustomed to using Scouting software and making detailed reports

Technology , I spoke to Deagan , the Aussie Fitness coach with U-19's and India team... he was mentioning how they would start using the GPS monitors and heart rate monitors etc this season.... how many Clubs in India except BFC are using this ??
    So if the new coach were to come in and expected to be using the same technology that the top National teams are using , then again his choices of tech savvy people are very limited. I doubt Savio Madiera would be proficient here ;))

BUT all this is a wasted discussion...

Instead of paying Stephen Constantine $20K and his assistant $8K , a GK coach $8K a month etc...
    Take that 50 K / month , spend it on Youth League s, U-17 & U-19 , and get good coaches there... , then the talent coming thru in 5-6 years will be better for some proper coach to work with 
    deepakcjithuvfootydiptejireddevil87The real AGmunna219777shankardhritiman7
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Taking this decision forward, I still feel that we should put a limit on 2-3 foreigners for ileague (#ISL is a lost cause with #AIFF having no power to suggest anything), with better qualifications:-

Perhaps an age limit 

Having atleast represented a top 70 football nation within last 5 years/played in at least top10 league in Asia 

and make it mandatory for participating teams to invest in a dedicated training facility, physio, physical trainers, dietitian, bio mechanics experts, rehab experts and a top insurance cover for at least the top 1000 players in the country. 

it seems quiet futile to have a NT set up with great support staff if the players can't get similar in the top clubs in country where they can continue these good practices.

However, then again it won't happen until we have a commercially viable ileague (1/2 division), zonal leagues & state leagues, spread over 6-7 months (home and away to encourage community participation), with independent/professional management and a revenue sharing agreement with the participants.  This ofcourse our  white masters (#IMG) will never let happen so a futile thought.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    edited August 2015
    And from the clubs' side I would humbly remind you that "dedicated training facility, physio, physical trainers, dietitian, bio mechanics experts, rehab experts and a top insurance cover for at least
    the top 1000 players in the country" cost the clubs a lot of money and unless you have a proper business plan for I-league where we get a share of the TV & sponsorship money, we will be forced to resist the diktat. For your info, players train in maidan (kolkata), beaches (goa), hills (NE) and gutters (elsewhere), which are all free to us.

So I request that before of making any fancy rules mandatory to us, please show us the money.

yours truly,
    etc etc
    reddevil87
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
    Bharat FC train in gutters :P
    munna219777
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    "I neither select Players on the basis of their Contracts with their
    respective Clubs. In some cases, it may be about the desperation of the
    Club to get the concerned Player in that particular position and it does
    not always determine his value to the National Team."

https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=6631

Could anyone help me understand the statement?
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    AIFF suddenly up in arms to promote Stephen. They are running interviews of him daybin and day out. And then they oddly celebrated the 13th year of LG cup win. 13th year!!
    I wonder why there is so much defense arranged for him. Whose interest is it serving? And who is benefitting from his round and round statements?
    reddevil87rudraThe real AGsouravindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    SC is now asking AIFF to propose a no foreigner policy in I-League !!

He has asked for it to be reduced to 2 for this season !!
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @namewtheld just one of  the PR Tricks(learnt during my grad days) on how to overcome negative publicity by drowning out the negative article with overload of information
    munna219777The real AG
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

3 foreigner rule is best.. we need players who could push our current set of players to next level... like we say the best foreigners few years back like odafa are easily managed because our players could raise their game to make them look ordinary..

now our players should improve to match the like of sony, john etc which is the reason we need foreigners...

munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Why is he interfering that much in I-League? Mr SC ask your IMG masters to introduce no Foreigner policy in ISL. How about No Foreigner Coach policy at AIFF so that we can kick him out?
    Maddiegoalkeepar