The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    It is Nilanjan Dutta same guy who called nd threatened an IFN member when he posted something against Praful Patel in FB
    deepakcreddevil87sanvedjadhavkartik91karenesudhakar2050
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Good suggestions by coach
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Common sense finally blooming to Stephen & AIFF?

AIFF fetish of not getting embarrased in results and playing in safe friendlies and useless cups like nehru cup is taking a toll on general sync with rest of asia and finally exposed grandly in world cup qualifiers and to an extent the final in SAFF.

Always its best to play against competitive teams in official FIFA date friendlies even if we are pumped just to know where we are while blooding ur tactics and youth in smaller competitions like nehru, SAFF and Camps either here or overseas.

Hope its not just a mere speech but atleast a real signal of intent and accept you are crap for now and will get worse unless we do something better and fast.
    deepakckartik91samiamashindiaatuljgsouravindia
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Listening to IFN and getting his soundbites
    Nagendradeepakcmunna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2016
    Just like his First Innings, Stephen Constantine has created a large pool of young players. He gave debut to like 30 players during his tenure. I cant see that as a wrong thing. This will definitely help us in the future. I dont think that he ever criticised ISL either. If people are not satisfied with India NT performance under his tenure, they should look that how India performed under "Total Football cum Tiki-Taka" Wim Koevarmans? That time we were struggling against Pakistan, Bangladesh.

Stephen should stay until the entire Qualification process of AFC Asian Cup 2019 is over. A good Draw and we still have a chance to qualify for Asian cup. Ashley Westwood do not have any magic wand. We have seen BFC struggling against quality opposition in AFC Cup matches.
    samiamsanvedjadhavdeepakcNagendraDeb_Ban
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    Agree. But when a coach like Westwood is available , what would you do? I think IMO Constantine did his job ,he fixed many cracks but now it's time to let Westwood build on it .
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Depending on the draw, he should either stay or go. If we want to make a move, do it before the first game. His results recently have been good but we remember all the criticisms of him during the World Cup qualifiers and weird training methods and Westwood is a coach that the players will respect, at least it seemed that way with Bengaluru FC.
    munna219777
  • In his defense, some things which affect National Team performance are beyond his control.
    1) Two Leagues choke the Domestic Calendar.
    2) Lack of Friendlies or Conditioning camp because of "ISL is priority" attitude by AIFF.

Also  Indian Team has looked fitter in my opinion. We cant blame that on his obsolete Training regime if it is working.
    deepakcDeb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Agree which is why I would not be totally against him staying but if the chance to replace him with someone better, at least in terms of his relationship with the players, then we should take it.