The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Yeah. Play couple of friendlies with decent teams and then decide his future
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Spot on @munna21977 if Ashley wants to prove he can manage the NT he should try u19 n u23 that way we will find out how good he can scout 
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited September 2016
    Coaching a National Team is different then coaching a Club. Some people have done that successfully but they are different tracks altogether. A successful Club coach is not always a right recipe for success at National Team. Club level has that leverage of the salaries which National Team do not possess. A very interesting article

https://newrepublic.com/article/118225/fabio-capello-and-evolution-national-team-coach

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    Well i do agree Stephen brought many Changes to Indian Football Team
    He brought youn blood gave some unforgettable wins 

During Wim Koveermans era we used to have a team full of oldies who have disappeared after him leaving
    we no more get to see likes Mehtab,Clifford etc 
    i do admit they were good but at that time never deserved a NT spot
    they were no changes in his Team and we were meh against Nepal,Bangladesh when he was manager

Stephen made a lot of changes gave a lot of youngesters debut gave us some really good wins
    specially the Win against Afghanistan full of Europeans Sunil Chhetri giving an assist scoring the winner after we were 1 down :) one of my favourite football matches
    But beyond those SAFF teams nd Teams like Guam,Puerto rico we actually never impressed
    Loss against Guam away nd Turkmenistan home we played really shit he never impressed against Higher ranked nations 
    also his decision of Having Venketesh as Assistant, Yadav etc as scouts were poor 
    Lee Jhonson was another shit decision(remember him deleting his Twitter account after me nd Soumesh tweeted to him after his lame excuse on losses)

Ashley will bring much more professionalism to football 
    we can expect good technical team,scouts youth system etc
    And this guy has very good insight about our football and good record to show
    someone we must not miss

Stephen leaving and Ashley taking over will actually be good 

Also we after a long time will have a coach wo has good experience in Indian football(Armando and Savio stints were small)
    karenesudhakar2050kartik91
    I don't think Ashley needs to prove anything to become Indian coach

Someone like Wim hardly had any coaching experience
    And neither Stephen has achieved anything great as a NT coach 

I Feel Ashley will be the best man to take India to Asian Cup 2019
    With Stephen we can play well against a Maldives,Laos or Puerto rico but can we challenge Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Vietnam etc 
    I doubt that 

With Asia cup expanding to 24 teams this is our best chance to qualify we musnt let this go to

I know managing a NT and club is different but Ashley is our best bet
    karenesudhakar2050
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    65-35 in favour of AW.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Ashley westwood take all credit BFC success after he gets full freedom which you cant get with national team.

Credit of BFC success should also go equally to reddy which many people does not give
    karenesudhakar2050deepakcmunna219777ArsenalFan700NagendraDeb_Banred_devil
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    All that I know is that if a coach with full-INDIAN lineup can win an AFC Cup match...think what he can do when he will have the free choice to pick up any Indian player from the country!!!
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    pradyum reddy is better scout then  as a coach .his selection of indian  discard players played a key role in bfc success B)
    deepakcarchak
    @negi i agree Ashley had a strong support staff Pradhyum Did a very good job that's how football works scouts etc who get players for u But Ashley approach was way to professional probably only guy whom we can call a manager in Indian football
    karenesudhakar2050